Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Disable rear seat belts alarm chime

Madu2020

How to disable the  rear seat belts alarm  please? Dealership cannot disable this  as i tried, i tried  also the seat belt adapter and dosesn’t fit  .., i tried the ignition method as well ,nothing works..i  use the  car  as a taxi so is very annoying  to explain all passengers to fasten the belts.Thanks

car is  Corolla hybdrid 2020

CDF0F7B7-C5AB-46FC-98FE-360E7D3981C2.png

According to another member, @Louie you can disable the rear seat alarm by buying a carista obd dongle that costs 25 pounds, you can scroll down and find his post were he explains everything in more detail.

• Thanks 1

I disabled them myself, downloaded techstream (you can pay for time limited license) and bought cable from eBay., Worked great.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BigPoppaSLO said:

I disabled them myself, downloaded techstream (you can pay for time limited license) and bought cable from ebay., Worked great.

Could you please  give a some instructions to do that?Is there any tutorial?Thanks

On 6/30/2020 at 11:54 AM, King Crimson said:

According to another member, @Louie you can disable the rear seat alarm by buying a carista obd dongle that costs 25 pounds, you can scroll down and find his post were he explains everything in more detail.

Is this  affecting the warranty?

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 11:42 AM, Madu2020 said:

i  use the  car  as a taxi so is very annoying  to explain all passengers to fasten the belts.

Possibly easier than explaining to their loved ones why they went through your windscreen. Or indeed easier than explaining to your loved ones why you were flattened when your passengers went through the windscreen.

To be fair I can understand the request if the alarms are being triggered by luggage as mine have been once or twice but seat belts exist for a reason and I refuse to move the vehicle until everyone is wearing theirs.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Madu2020 said:

Is this  affecting the warranty?

Propably not

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Madu2020 said:

Could you please  give a some instructions to do that?Is there any tutorial?Thanks

The procedure is the same for corolla.

I disabled rear seat warning only because they are too sensitive and they were beeping when i had my backpack on the seat. I would never disable them if i had rear passengers.

I simply had my dealer do it, no problems. Got annoyed by the alarm when I had luggage on the seats. 

Asked my dealer and they did it for me, no charge!

Why not fasten the seatbelt around the luggage, with bonus of stopping the luggage getting airborne if you have to stop quickly?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Why not just keep the rear seat belts done up even when not using .

• 1 year later...
On 8/24/2020 at 12:40 PM, HybridLover said:

Why not just keep the rear seat belts done up even when not using .

Because when I have a bunch of Uber passengers in my back seat they unbuckle everything and then I have to explain to the next one why they need to buckle the middle seat belt even though no one is sitting there.

3 hours ago, RyanDale said:

Because when I have a bunch of Uber passengers in my back seat they unbuckle everything and then I have to explain to the next one why they need to buckle the middle seat belt even though no one is sitting there.

Carista bid adapter most likely can help you with that. Currently on deal at Amazon 

CARISTA OBD2 bluetooth Adapter and App: Diagnose, Customize and Service your VW, Audi, SEAT, Skoda, Nissan, Infiniti, Toyota, Lexus, BMW, Mini https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00YVHGTBM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_G1Y6VW7FZ97MRJ7ARVD1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• 8 months later...
On 7/5/2020 at 3:14 AM, Sidrat said:

Asked my dealer and they did it for me, no charge!

My dealer told me that it's illegal for them to turn off the REAR seatbelt alarms smh mine are going off when NOTHING and NOBODY is in my backseat 

35 minutes ago, ashleytx75 said:

My dealer told me that it's illegal for them to turn off the rear seatbelt alarms smh mine are going off when nothing and nobody is in my backseat 

Toyota Owners Club is based in the UK - so different to the US where you are.

On 7/1/2020 at 5:35 PM, AndrueC said:

Possibly easier than explaining to their loved ones why they went through your windscreen.

Driving in the city @ 20-25mph ? 🤷‍♂️

I am surprised a dealer turned them off as I thought they were part of the NCAP  score.

They are a bit of a pain as our dog is secured using the isofix point, but if he steps on the seatbelt buckle and undoes it, the chime is quite distracting.