Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

UK NG Yaris Trims/Specs & Colours revealed

Devon Aygo

It's not certain that an electric Aygo will ever be launched. I've read an interview of one of Toyota Europe top managers and he said Aygo was a car which they only used mature technologies and little innovation to keep the costs down and the production profitable.

It's more likely to be the Yaris to be the first BEV than the Aygo.

The problem with the price of the Yaris in the UK it looks to be the hybrid only option. If we see the prices in other countries, the 1.0 will be much cheaper, as it already was in the previous generation.

• Like 1

As part of their collaboration agreement with Suzuki, Toyota will be building and using a Suzuki engine in Europe (Poland?) for use in compact vehicles. Suzuki already has mild hybrid versions, so it is possible the new engine will be used in the replacement Aygo.

The current engine (1KR-FE), which was a Daihatsu design, is now 15 years old.

• Like 1

Yes it's 15 years old but it has been updated and will still be used in the Yaris.

• Like 1

Been quoted October for hybrid Design 

6-8 weeks is about right adding the panoramic roof may add to the lead time tho

A new Yaris Design is around £21,000 and a similar spec Aygo Trend around £13,500, yes the Yaris is a auto with a bigger engine and also a hybrid but that price difference is a bit ridiculous especially when you could pick up a year old Corolla around the same money as the new Yaris, also why no manual gear box with either a 1 or 1.5 engine only? 

The 1.0 and 1.5 petrols (manual and CVT) are available in some markets (eg Ireland), but not in the UK. Presumably down to Toyota GB.

• Confused 1

Guess there is the GR Yaris for the full on thrills and the normal Yaris for day to day use but an Aygo does a good job with both those things and for far less 🙂 

The Aygo doesn't have a chassis as capable as the Yaris, specially this 4th generation with the TNGA platform.

The Aygo is too tall, narrow and short to have a more sporty character, and that's the main reason it only carries the 1.0

31 minutes ago, JoaoM said:

The Aygo is too tall, narrow and short to have a more sporty character, and that's the main reason it only carries the 1.0

In some countries it has the 1.2

• Like 1

Noticed that the new Yaris hybrid's recommended engine oil is 0W-8.

• Like 1

The new Yaris should be a lot better to drive but for the price and with the autogear box to spoil the fun factor i will be sticking with the fun Aygo and even getting another in years to come over the new Yaris, if a 1.5 manual had been available in the UK i would have taken a look at one.

Anyone in the market looking for a manual rather then an auto and wanting something the size of a Yaris is going to be looking at other options like the Seat Ibiza, Ford Festa, Vauxhall Corsa ect, even something bigger like the new Corolla has done away with the 1.2 turbo manual!, guess if the sales are in it for Toyota but a lot of buyers will be put off with the auto and the higher price that comes with it.

Japan version of new Yaris has 360 degree camera and an Advanced Parking Assist without touching brake, gas pedals and also steering wheel.

Does new Yaris has an option for 360 camera and Advanced Parking Assist in Europe?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bulentcandan said:

Japan version of new Yaris has 360 degree camera and an Advanced Parking Assist without touching brake, gas pedals and also steering wheel.

Does new Yaris has an option for 360 camera and Advanced Parking Assist in Europe?

Apparently not, there is no 360 view camera setup listed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

New Yaris Hybrid Limited Edition v Honda Jazz Hybrid EX but look at the Jazz torque power of up to 253 Nm for substantial low-speed acceleration compare to Yaris  141 Nm also the Jazz are brilliant magic seats and cost lesser than the Yaris with same engine but the Jazz got 16v engine and excellent reliable CVT than the Yaris. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was consider a new 2020 Yaris,but I'm not prepared to spend nearly £20k for a base model with a Battery that is only guaranteed for 5 years or 100,000 miles. I can in an exceptional year travel 30,000 miles per year. If after four years,the Battery develops a fault,it would mean shelling out over £1100 for a new one, presumably excluding fitting. I would have much preferred the base model sold in The Irish Republic which has a petrol engine and manual gearbox. 

24 minutes ago, AtlanticSpan said:

I was consider a new 2020 Yaris,but I'm not prepared to spend nearly £20k for a base model with a battery that is only guaranteed for 5 years or 100,000 miles. I can in an exceptional year travel 30,000 miles per year

In the UK when the new car warranty expires either on the time basis or the mileage basis, the hybrid Battery warranty is extended by one year or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first, when the car has a hybrid electric service at a Toyota dealer. These hybrid Battery warranty extensions can carry through til the car's 15th birthday.

If you're covering 30K miles per year, that would require 3 services per year - service intervals being 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

Presumably from your profile,  as you are outside the UK, something similar may be available in your country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

If you're covering 30K miles per year, that would require 3 services per year - service intervals being 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

You just need to be careful with high mileage, if they are used as a taxi and do lots of miles there are limitations and exclusions 

"vehicles which are professionally used as taxis and already have had five Hybrid Battery Health Checks." Would not be covered under warranty (In the UK that is) 

• Like 1

Thank you for your replies. Forgive me If I've mislead you about my location, I am in the UK, I've somehow managed to mess up my location ; hopefully corrected now.

4 hours ago, AtlanticSpan said:

Thank you for your replies. Forgive me If I've mislead you about my location, I am in the UK, I've somehow managed to mess up my location ; hopefully corrected now.

Then assuming you are a retail customer not using the car as a Taxi you can if using Toyota servicing keep the Hybrid Battery warrantied up until its 15th birthday with no limit on mileage.

https://www.toyota.co.uk/hybrid/hybrid-faq/how-long-do-hybrid-batteries-last

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Why no 360 degree camera?! I saw these on the Nissans and they work remarkably well.

Other than that...what does the dash look like? I haven't had a chance to sit in one due to the current situation. I did have a peak through the window of a limited edition model. The instrument cluster looks very small.

I'm torn between the new new Yaris, or a Corolla (the other half wants a larger car - I bought this one prior to knowing her and she has a company car so she doesn't get a say what she drives).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links