RedMafia

I have just picked up my new car,

Does the CHR design Hybrid have the following, as cant seam to find them,

1. The RCTA what ever it is called, 

2. The flashing lights on the wing mirror when somebody over takes

3. Is the map always on when driving or can I remove it 

Thanks all

Mac

As regards 1). and 2)., these are features the US market C-HR has, not the European market C-HR.

Should be able to check the specification on www.toyota.co.uk (not www.toyota.com as that is the site for the USA).

2 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

As regards 1). and 2)., these are features the US market C-HR has, not the European market C-HR.

Should be able to check the specification on www.toyota.co.uk (not www.toyota.com as that is the site for the USA).

You are totally wrong.

US market?

1. RCTA (Rear Cross Traffic Alert) and 2. BSM (Blind Spot Monitor) is definitely available in EU market, I have them both fitted on my new C-HR in Sweden.

33 minutes ago, kupa said:

...... is definitely available in EU market ......

From the details I've seen they aren't available in the UK, which is where the OP resides.

I didn't mention the EU market, and, of course, the EU doesn't represent the whole of Europe !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

From the details I've seen they aren't available in the UK, which is where the OP resides.

I didn't mention the EU market, and, of course, the EU doesn't represent the whole of Europe !

Where did you look for details?

RCTA and BSM are available in UK as Tech Pack, standard at Excel, Dynamic and Orange ED, option at Icon, not available for Design.

Doesn’t matter if you call it Toyota EU market or Toyota Europe market, it’s the same, they are available in different configurations if Toyota general agent for each country decides so. Toyota UK and Toyota Sweden has different config of each model, mine is called and configured as C-HR X-Edition, doesn’t exist in UK, but I have Tech Pack!

uk price and options list.................. Click to enlarge

1095590553_chrmay2020opt194428.thumb.jpg.183f0370d7485482d15105d1fe329da4.jpg

• Like 1

Presumably the OP would know if they've bought the Tech Pack - I certainly would having paid extra for the features. As it is, they have only asked about the Design, on which it isn't standard.

The European market isn't the same as the EU market - for example Norway, Switzerland and the UK are not in the EU.

Many thanks all for your time 

For UK C-HR BSM & RCTA are standard spec for Excel, Dynamic & Orange Edition

7 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

For UK C-HR BSM & RCTA are standard spec for Excel, Dynamic & Orange Edition

ROFL!

You don't say?

Are you sure?

6 hours ago, kupa said:

ROFL!

You don't say?

Are you sure?

Bit of an attitude!, haven't you? Apologies I missed your post however please try and refrain from commenting if you cannot be polite

• Like 2

On 7/3/2020 at 7:45 PM, flash22 said:

uk price and options list.................. Click to enlarge

1095590553_chrmay2020opt194428.thumb.jpg.183f0370d7485482d15105d1fe329da4.jpg

I have the C-HR brochure (UK 2019) and it confirms everything listed for the UK market. In the UK for the Avensis (no longer sold) as an example, the lowest grade misses a kit and features of things and won't even get them as an option. Some people don't care, others do. Unfortunately the OP somehow, thought his grade 'Design' would have the features of the higher spec cars. Maybe he saw the info on a non UK sight, and assumed his car should have them too? 

When looking at buying a car (new or secondhand), I would look at what each spec offers, then decide on the spec that meets my needs. As an example my car is TR and has everything I wanted. The lowest spec T2 misses a lot of things of the TR like cruise control, bluetooth, rear electric windows, and alloy wheels for example. I checked these before searching for my car.

One thing when buy a new car from a dealer is test driving the highest spec car, but buying a far lower spec! If the buyer is not knowledgeable, he/she will be expecting the same features.
I am putting out my perspective, and hope it was helpful.   

Even on my Yaris Excel (premium) there are still options, specs are subject to change

• 10 months later...
On 7/2/2020 at 9:23 PM, RedMafia said:

I have just picked up my new car,

Does the CHR design Hybrid have the following, as cant seam to find them,

1. The RCTA what ever it is called, 

2. The flashing lights on the wing mirror when somebody over takes

3. Is the map always on when driving or can I remove it 

Thanks all

Mac

I live in the UK and have both 1 & 2. Thanks