Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Test rear window defroster

exim

Recently purchased my 2nd Yaris Hybrid (used approved) and notice 3 of the lower heating lines of the rear window are discoloured in places - gold/brownish colour.

Not sure if that's a problem. The rear window of my last Yaris had to be replaced under warranty due to a few of the lines not heating, but I didn't notice any discolouring then.

Any tips on how to test it's functioning correctly bearing in mind it's Summer.

48 minutes ago, exim said:

Recently purchased my 2nd Yaris Hybrid (used approved) and notice 3 of the lower heating lines of the rear window are discoloured in places - gold/brownish colour.

Not sure if that's a problem. The rear window of my last Yaris had to be replaced under warranty due to a few of the lines not heating, but I didn't notice any discolouring then.

Any tips on how to test it's functioning correctly bearing in mind it's Summer.

I never tried it, but I’m sure if activate the rear window heater then they should be warm to the touch, and touch each element to see if it’s heating up. Try that.

Just finely mist it over on the outside with a water spray bottle and look for evidence all heater lines are functional. Conclusive proof in a couple of minutes.