front wipers

eygo

just been given a quote from johnsons toyota liverpool

of £48 for a set of refills for the front wipers or they can

sell a full set of wipers blades for £29

i want to keep the originals dont really want to spend £48

if i dont have to

can anyone recommend somewhere where i can get the refills at a decent price

Try either Parts King or Toyota's eBay store.

• Like 1

Toyota offer Optifit uniblades for Auris:

85212-YZZTJ RH £12.61 inc Vat

85222-YZZTA LH £6.62 Inc Vat

These are the correct OE Style Uniblade and available from your dealer or Toyota's eBay store 

Hi Devon Aygo, can you post the part number for the rear wiper, HB and TS please

Or if not special fit you can just buy standard new wipers for low as £15 and they will do the job as good or even better. Been using different wipers for years as I change twice or three times a year and found that the best and longest are the original Denso, or the classic Michelin wipers which can be cheap replacement, Bosch comes afterwards and Hella all standard type, then Bosch aero twin which currently I have but I am not impressed with them. 👍

just buy denso from ecp for ~£25

8 hours ago, Rav4ster said:

Hi Devon Aygo, can you post the part number for the rear wiper, HB and TS please

85242-02050 HB £6.09 + vat

85242-02060 TS £7.77 + vat

• Like 1

AURIS Hatchback Oct 2012 Onwards Windscreen Wiper Blade Set - 3 x Blades (Front and Rear Blades)
This item AURIS Hatchback Oct 2012 Onwards 

Got these from Amazon uk  they are just like the originals £19.99 they’ve been great for me  HTH 

• Like 1

I just go for cheap replacement aero type blades for both my own and my wife’s car. Can’t fault them. Fitted these ones today, easy straight swap.

81810652-76AD-411C-A8EC-3E3D37715C58.jpeg

I got my last wipers in Asda.  £3 for the 16" and £5 for the 24".  £8 for the pair.  They clean the screen good and if they have a short life I'll just buy another set.

On 7/10/2020 at 10:43 PM, Stivino said:

I got my last wipers in Asda.  £3 for the 16" and £5 for the 24".  £8 for the pair.  They clean the screen good and if they have a short life I'll just buy another set.

I bought some from lidl a few years ago, the driver side wiper blade looked crushed and didn't wipe properly. The spring is built for denso hybrid blades so some of these generic wipers are too weak to take the pressure of the spring and get "crushed".

The Denso ones last ages (around 10 years I reckon) and are worth it.

• 3 months later...
On 7/10/2020 at 10:13 PM, MrZardoz said:

I just go for cheap replacement aero type blades for both my own and my wife’s car. Can’t fault them. Fitted these ones today, easy straight swap.

81810652-76AD-411C-A8EC-3E3D37715C58.jpeg

How are these holding up?? I've seen the Aero Vu ones and was interested in trying them. When I tried the standard wipers I found they did not fit very well (think the wiper arm is made for more stronger heavier hybrid blades) and driver side wiper was crushed against the windscreen and not wiping properly. 

I think these aero vu ones look quite light construction and may suffer the same unless you can confirm that they work ok?

thanks

They're absolutely fine. I've fitted these and similar to our current and previous cars. 

On 10/21/2020 at 4:10 PM, MrZardoz said:

They're absolutely fine. I've fitted these and similar to our current and previous cars. 

I've ordered a 26" for the drivers side ("aero vu" from ace car parts sittngbourne, kent) and will give it a try and report back my experience.

thanks!

Edited - After a bit of flip-flopping it looks like the Drivers Side front is 26” Passenger side 16”. Just double checked in the ones I fitted and they’re fine. 

• 1 month later...

Is it okay if I ask for some help identifying the correct wipers for our Auris too?

57829af456eab_KojacAuris.thumb.PNG.b51ef5ea033fef791507a9455cdd3737.PNG

Local dealership will not give me part numbers.

So Im asking for some help here.

Were OEM's denso or valeo for this model.

If a vin number would help - let me know!

I just want to get reliable long lasting replacements - front & back.

You could get the refills from your Toyota dealer rather than replacing the blades.

• Like 1

Toyota serviced my 2015 Auris hybrid yesterday and noticed my nearside wiper was skipping/smearing, which it was, and phoned me if I wanted it replacing while they were inspecting the car. I did and paid £7 for their service.

Can't fault the service. Gleaming on return. Just looked at the paperwork today and Hybrid Health Check. Plus video they send.

James.

Who make the blades/refills that Totota supply for my Auris?

Is it Valeo or Denso?

Right now i have some Valeos and they just haven't lasted.

Denso made the blades for Auris, you can buy them form other retailers than Toyota and save some cash or just get Bosch classic blades , they fit fine and works best, also last a full year, other even better than those are Michelin classic shape again. 👍

5F6D6C56-8DED-4E13-BAF4-A202A49BDD15.jpeg

Could you point me towards the specific versions you recommend?

Which are the ones that last long and work best - the Bosch or the michelins? (Just clarifying).