Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla 2019: soft floor on drivers side

yarisHybrid

Owners of the new Corolla, please - give me feedback from your point of view.

I have noticed that on my - drivers side - the floor is a bit soft  and when getting into the car or out - you can see floormat streching a bit when leg is pressed on it. It's not 100% solid as you expect it...

Is that everything normal, do you have that as well?

Don't know how to describe it better...

It's this part of the floor, marked on the image.

It's much more eaiser to notice now on summer becouse of summer floormats...

20200704_144833.jpg

You have rubber floor mats, your dealer propably fitted them for free, they are easier to clean especially when going to the beach and you have sand on your feet. Of course as it's a rubber floor mat it will stretch a bit but it shouldn't move much as it's fixed with a small screw.

Just now, King Crimson said:

You have rubber floor mats, your dealer propably fitted them for free, they are easier to clean especially when going to the beach and you have sand on your feet. Of course as it's a rubber floor mat it will stretch a bit but it shouldn't move much as it's fixed with a small screw.

Thanks, but it's not that...

The floor is soft and you can feel that with the foot, if pressed harder.

Remove the floormat (either carpet ot rubber) and try to press it... 

So you are saying the area under the floor mats is soft? I'm not sure if i've ever noticed it to be honest, i'll have a look at it later on. But propably everyone has it and it shouldn't be a problem, perhaps it's soft rubber so that the floor mat doesn't move?

So you are saying the area under the floor mats is soft? I'm not sure if i've ever noticed it to be honest, i'll have a look at it later on. But propably everyone has it and it shouldn't be a problem, perhaps it's soft rubber so that the floor mat doesn't move?

Yes yes, under the floormat - the floor is a bit soft.... I mean, it wont go thru but I'm used to 100% solid floor, not flexing a bit under my leg 🙂

the car is now 1 year old and 30.000 km - so like new...

1 minute ago, yarisHybrid said:

the car is now 1 year old and 30.000 km - so like new...

Damn that's a lot of travelling lol, mine will be 1 years old in 2 weeks and i've done about 9.500 km. But yea i understand what you're saying, as i said will check it out on my car as well later on, i guess it's something you will have to get used to 😕.

Not a problem with getting used to, ok - but to be sure that the floor is not week or have some factory faults, or create a hole over the time 😮

on the other hand, i am loving the car and enjoying in every kilometer.

Corolla 2.0 Hybrid top spec model with HUD (Executive) in Croatia

64346308_10217647670156358_7408935644933652480_o.jpg

64588680_10217647670316362_8799718979628171264_o.jpg

64472318_10217647670396364_4952362433504083968_o.jpg

No worries for that, they all the same and it’s the sound insulation. Feels wired though. , you just need to get use to and don’t use high hills without car matts or there is a risk damage the carpet . 👍

Just now, TonyHSD said:

No worries for that, they all the same and it’s the sound insulation. Feels wired though. , you just need to get use to and don’t use high hills without car matts or there is a risk damage the carpet . 👍

Thank you :))

yeah, it feels kind a foamy (foam) under the foot - hope I spelled it correctly 🙂

So it could be that.... ok. I thought to go to dealer on Monday and shout on them and made them go thru the carpet hehe 😄

How many hills can you get in a Corolla?

As many as you want untill its reached the peak capacity.😎

• Like 1

Anyone alse, please, give us your feedback 🙂

54 minutes ago, King Crimson said:

Damn that's a lot of travelling lol, mine will be 1 years old in 2 weeks and i've done about 9.500 km. But yea i understand what you're saying, as i said will check it out on my car as well later on, i guess it's something you will have to get used to 😕.

just to see, a small gift after 1 year of driving 🙂

I have a new leather on steering wheel. Much better than original

20200703_174958.jpg

20200703_174807.jpg

20200703_174756.jpg

• Like 2

I have a 2019 Corolla hybrid hatchback (same blue as yours 😎), just over 1 year old now. The footwells have carpets. I have not  specifically checked today but I don't think there is anything odd about the driver's floor, it's always felt solid enough to me. 

Just now, Velvet--Glove said:

I have a 2019 Corolla hybrid hatchback (same blue as yours 😎), just over 1 year old now. The footwells have carpets. I have not  specifically checked today but I don't think there is anything odd about the driver's floor, it's always felt solid enough to me. 

Don't say that 😄 remove the floormat and try to press it with your hand.... it should be a little soft...

Oh that's a nice steering wheel, where did you buy it from? Did you install it yourself? I've been thinking of changing mine as well, maybe to alcantara or something like that.

Btw the gr sport corolla has a similar steering wheel.

Oh that's a nice steering wheel, where did you buy it from? Did you install it yourself? I've been thinking of changing mine as well, maybe to alcantara or something like that.

A friend bought the leather somewhere onlinr and put it on without removing the steering wheel 🙂 he simply stich it on...

Could there be a difference between lhd and rhd floorpans?

5 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Could there be a difference between lhd and rhd floorpans?

No no, when you remove floormats - what ever the kind - the floor under is a bit soft... it makes sense that is a part of sound insilation

44 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Is the passenger side the same ??

Not as soft as on the drivers side

I would go and see the dealer, not 100% but it's either a recycled felt or it's polystyrene

Does it smell when you first open the car ? or does the carpet feel damp ? feel it up around the pedals

1 minute ago, flash22 said:

I would go and see the dealer, not 100% but it's either a recycled felt or it's polystyrene

Does it smell when you first open the car ? or does the carpet feel damp ?

No smell from the floor or carpet... only from air conditioning for the first 5 to 10 seconds after start - the it's ok. Not worried about that, or maybe shoud be? They have just replaced air filters on regular maintence.

Regarding floor, i think it's not damp. I touched it several times under the floormat. So no damp 100%

I just wrote to my dealer and will go to check next week, just to be safe 

• 11 months later...

Hi, did you ever find out if this was normal? I just got a new Corolla and noticed the same issue. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links