Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My toyota

Nell63

Hi everyone 

I have had my Toyota Yaris since February this year and l love driving it 

But just lately it as been playing up 

The other day l went out for some shopping started ok but after l had come back to my car it would not start all my light on my dash lite up  but when l turned the key there was nothing  so l kept trying for about 5mins still nothing so l left it for about 15 mins and it states up fine 

This as been doing this for a while l took it to garage they put in on the computer but the was no faults that came up 

But it is doing this nearly everyday and l have got to the stage where l can not trust it to start no 

Does anyone have any clues as to what might be causing this 

It is an 07 auto and manual 

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club. Moved to the Yaris club.

When you say "but when l turned the key there was nothing do you mean that the engine didn't 'crank/ turn over' or do you mean it didn't 'fire up'?

You say its Auto and manual - it cant be both, being a mk 2 Yaris its either a manual or a Multi Mode Transmission (MMT). I know on the manual there is a clutch pedal switch which enables the starter to turn over, in that you have to have the clutch pedal pushed firmly to the floor in order to start the car. If the switch on the clutch pedal is faulty of out of adjustment, this might cause the starter not to turn over when the key is turned to start the car, even if the clutch is fully pressed down.

I think the MMT transmission has to be in "P" to be able to start the car, and again, there must be some kind of switch or sensor on the gear lever to tell the ECU the car is in "P". Not that sure otherwise, as I dont have much knowledge of the MMT transmission other than they are pretty unreliable, and prone to failure.

3 hours ago, Stevie J said:

You say its Auto and manual - it cant be both, being a mk 2 Yaris its either a manual or a Multi Mode Transmission (MMT). I know on the manual there is a clutch pedal switch which enables the starter to turn over, in that you have to have the clutch pedal pushed firmly to the floor in order to start the car. If the switch on the clutch pedal is faulty of out of adjustment, this might cause the starter not to turn over when the key is turned to start the car, even if the clutch is fully pressed down.

I think the MMT transmission has to be in "P" to be able to start the car, and again, there must be some kind of switch or sensor on the gear lever to tell the ECU the car is in "P". Not that sure otherwise, as I dont have much knowledge of the MMT transmission other than they are pretty unreliable, and prone to failure.

Thankyou for the message