Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TT2 Go stuck on 1 song

damian01211

Hi guys,

Since I've upgrade my little 2017 Rav4 with the oem navi high version. I'm constantly from time to time having an issue with the headunit. 

For example you have 60 songs in the folder and from time to time the headunit just keeps going back to the 2nd song in the folder. It's been happening since I've got the navi module.

I've tried waiting till all dash icons dissaper, I've tried turning the engine straight away after turning the key to the ignition. I've tried waiting till the headunit fully boots up and then start the engine and it keeps resetting itself back to the 2nd song of a given folder. Sometimes it won't do it. It will play from where it stopped. It is annoying in fairness. 

I have my music files on the USB stick plugged in. My navi module is up to date with the 6.15.0WH software. Actually after this update my incoming calls are late by 5 seconds. Like it will answer on the phone and it keeps rining on the headunit for another 5 seconds.

Anyway, its 2017 FL model with 2L Diesel 2WW.

Any idea whats the issue? Am I doing something wrong? I didn't have such an issue before I got the module. Even after I got it, it was fine and since one day it keeps happening on and off. It might be happening for 5 times and then it will stop and resume where it paused. 

Do you have the usb cable plugged in to the navi-box and not the touch2 ?

Yes, the usb is plugged in into the Navi, I've managed to successfully update it using usb stick.

The USB stick may have corrupted i take you have it in song listing, not artist or album with repeat/shuffle off, are all the tracks in the same format eg. MP3 ?

Yes, they all MP3, they all have MP3 tags so I can manage my library. In fairness I haven't tried with different memory stick. I doubt that the headunit is having trouble recognasing over 1500 songs, 12 gigs of music and it goes crazy as I don't have trouble looking for songs I need, works perfectly. Take a bit of time to load it. Maybe you're right. Memory stick is going bye bye.

I'll copy all of my files to different memoy stick and give it a try. 

I can confirm this isn't a memory stick issue, I've used brand new one 😕 still same problem. 

My Battery is fully charged as I'm doing a 30 km one wayto the job with high speed so plenty of time to charge the Battery.

Headunit itself its not showing any faults under service menu.

32gb stick ? it may be having issues indexing that many tracks on the fly, as you are aware once you ad the navi-box it takes over the usb and bluetooth functions

it may be worth resetting the DA in the hidden Diagnostics menu - INIT button

Yes, 32 GB stick at the moment, the old one was 16 but I can see that it doesn't happend so much. It only did 5 times so far.

I did the INIT last night, I realise that if I turn on the engine before any of the dash symbols dissaper the headunit is coming back to the state where it was before but if I'll wait to long it goes back to the second song of the given folder. Also when headunit is on for a while and I turn on the engine, it skips few songs forward. Weird isn't it?

On 7/10/2020 at 1:15 PM, damian01211 said:

Yes, 32 GB stick at the moment, the old one was 16 but I can see that it doesn't happend so much. It only did 5 times so far.

I did the INIT last night, I realise that if I turn on the engine before any of the dash symbols dissaper the headunit is coming back to the state where it was before but if I'll wait to long it goes back to the second song of the given folder. Also when headunit is on for a while and I turn on the engine, it skips few songs forward. Weird isn't it?

Just been reading up about this issue and its to do with the software versions of the Ext-Box and the DA

7 hours ago, flash22 said:

Just been reading up about this issue and its to do with the software versions of the Ext-Box and the DA

Fair enough, I remember when I got the ext-box it was outdated with the map from 2015 but no issues with the playback, then I updated to 6.14.0 and started having issues. I was hoping that the 6.15.0 will fix it but still same problem. Would it be the DA outdated? I guess the only way to update it would be thru Toyota Service as I haven't seen anything about updating the DA.

I have the info 😉 you need to pop the unit out disconnect the ext-box and plug the usb into the DA

I will pm you in a while as the info is on my other machine

Is the song Sonny and Cher’s I Got You Babe?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I can confirm that after updating the DA, it got  worse. It used to remember when it stopped when I turned the engine fast enough but it doesn't help it anymore.