Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlights

Celt

The two main lights , when on dipped beam is it the one on the left that is on and the one on the right off .and the one on the right is full beam only 

and when switched to auto lights should come on automatic when getting dark , basically is this right as the dipped beam light is not that bright 

EE4A50BD-8BB1-4C0B-9BE9-2FC64B2555E0.jpeg

Edited by Celt

On Estima “light “ with the lens is dipped beam , without lens is full beam. When you want to turn on full beam , dipped beam stays on also.

when you turn “auto” lights, lights will come on automatically, but first will turns on is side lights, when it gets more darker dipped will comes on.

if your dipped beam isn’t bright I would suggest that you need to change/replace bulbs. it’s not so straight forward , but can be done. I replaced bulbs on mine about a year ago. bulbs cost me 104£ Osram night breaker. Got the from eurocarparts. Have tried to replace them how manuals recommend, but after short while gave up and took off bumper.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2020 at 7:43 PM, Ruslan said:

Have tried to replace them how manuals recommend, but after short while gave up and took off bumper.

Ruslan, how did exactly you get access to replace the low dipped beam bulb - could you give an idiots guide (photos &/or explanation) to remove bumper to get access.  I too have to replace the low dipped beam bulb.

1 hour ago, Suchuwato said:

Ruslan, how did exactly you get access to replace the low dipped beam bulb - could you give an idiots guide (photos &/or explanation) to remove bumper to get access.  I too have to replace the low dipped beam bulb.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I've got a few problems with my lights. Firstly, I have the same issue with the lights not being very bright, do you have a link to a decent bulb I can replace with? 

Secondly, I think I need to replace my ballast and igniter. The passenger side igniter is burnt out (probably from when Toyota dealer replaced bulb but failed to secure the igniter properly...). Toyota has given me a part number 81107-74060 and a quote of £375 a pop. Seems like a lot! Any recommendations on alternatives? I'm in Sheffield.

I did go to an auto electrician, but he wanted me to replace the wire loom connecting everything together first for some reason. Even though the other lights powered off the loom are fine.

81107-74060 £70-120 used from the states or japan, £150 new from the UAE, bulbs, search D4s, a quick google oem bulbs are Philips

I would not recommend the cheap Chinese knock-offs ballasts (sub £40)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/23/2020 at 2:15 AM, Ruslan said:

Thanks for this Ruslan, the other japanese videos talks about taking the whole bumper off which I did before but this way is much easier.  I'm wondering where your wheel arch lining is?  It seems missing and all your bolts near the suspension are exposed to the elements. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Celt,

Were you able to resolve your headlight issue?

I noticed that my driver-side headlight comes on but after a few minutes, it dims out.  Took the car for a service and the lovely chap at the garage swapped bulbs to determine whether it was the unit or the bulb.  He determined the issue to be a fault with the "amp" - which I translated to be the ballast ECU control module / HID control unit - part number 81107-74060.

Just interested to know if anyone has needed to replace this part of the headlight unit using a non-OEM part that was above the £40 price point - taking flash22's warning into account, as I need to replace mine and need something a whole lot less costly that $450 (which I saw on some Japanese car part site), and whether the replacement proved a good choice.

Thank you to all.

Cheers.

Tee.

• 1 month later...

Further to my post above, and in case it helps someone, I eventually bit the bullet and bought the part from http://www.japeurocarparts.co.uk/.

It got fitted a couple of weeks ago and all looks good on the driver side...however the passenger side headlight (not parking light) also started to dim out.

I took it back to the garage and the lovely chap there suggested replacing the bulb to ensure that a faulty bulb was not the issue. Keeping fingers crossed that this resolves that issue. 🤞

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, i noticed that my Estima dip light's convex lense looks not as clear (some newer cars, u can see through the convex lense where hid bulb is visble). Could this be the cause that reduces the brightness of the dip light?

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2021 at 2:09 PM, Tee_J said:

Further to my post above, and in case it helps someone, I eventually bit the bullet and bought the part from http://www.japeurocarparts.co.uk/.

It got fitted a couple of weeks ago and all looks good on the driver side...however the passenger side headlight (not parking light) also started to dim out.

I took it back to the garage and the lovely chap there suggested replacing the bulb to ensure that a faulty bulb was not the issue. Keeping fingers crossed that this resolves that issue. 🤞

(....three months later...)

Happy to report that all is still in working order!  Thank you Derek!

On 2/11/2022 at 2:00 AM, Josh88 said:

dip light's convex lense looks not as clear

Do you mean inside the headlamp unit itself, or are you referring to the headlamp outside lens? In any case, if there is any cloudiness in either it will negatively impact on the clarity and brightness of the light thrown from the unit.