Do Not Sell My Personal Information

replacement keys

Jpadie

Hi 
I just bought a 2nd hand 2008 corolla verso (the 130bhp d4d) yesterday and the seller only had one key.  It's the keyless variety where you slot the fob into the dashboad. 

is there an aftermarket for this type of key?    if so, any recommended buying choices?

thanks Justin

it will be a main dealer or used item off eBay, you will then need to get the key cut and it programmed

A pic of the fob would help, there should be a code on it eg. B23TA, I'm sure the smart remote is B75EA (89904-0F010)

It's a very cheap car as an 'emergency' vehicle.  dealer prices aren't justifiable in this case unfortunately.   I'm not that worried about getting the key cut.  If I'm completely locked out the keyed lock entry is easily pickable.  It's more the plip and transponder function that I'm looking to duplicate. 

re programming - with my RAV4 this was achievable via a convoluted method of pressing the start/stop button whilst scratching one's head and patting one's tummy.  Is there a similar method for adding transponders and remotes on the corollas from that epoch?

photo of the fob is attached.  thanks. 

20200707_153726.jpg

It's a B23TA 89070-0F022 or 89070-0F021

feel free to double check that number

What I did with my corolla was buy the blank on eBay £10, get it cut for £5 at the local locksmith, program the key it myself...do a seach for the thread or google for your model.

That might not be the right key but ask them, they were very helpful with getting me a key for my Harrier (JDM import) despite it not being listed on their website.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for your responses.  I got a key for £60.  the remote opening/closing works fine but I have not found a way to programme the transponder.  I've tried the US methods of pumping the accelerator and brake a number of times; some prius methods of 5 key insertions followed by six open/close driver's door but nothing seems to put the car into programming mode, unfortunately.  

I've asked for help in this forum so will wait a couple more days for any pearls of wisdom; failing which I will try to find the relevant eeprom and get it onto my electronics bench for manual programming.  

@roks

On 7/9/2020 at 9:21 PM, roks said:

What I did with my corolla was buy the blank on ebay £10, get it cut for £5 at the local locksmith, program the key it myself...do a seach for the thread or google for your model.

was it a keyless entry lock like the one posted above (seems similar to the prius keys of that generation)

if so, can you share the method you used for programming the key to the ignition?  I've found your post from July 2012 but there was no information on it.  

On 7/9/2020 at 8:51 PM, m4rkw said:

https://www.car-keys-online.com/genuine-toyota-corolla-smart-remote-b75ea-89904-0f010.html

£162.56, seems like a bargain compared to needing a new lock set and ECU if you get locked out 🙂

Does noone have AA anymore? I got locked out and they were here and into mine within half an hour. Free.

On 8/6/2020 at 6:58 PM, roks said:

Thanks @roks

Unfortunately for whatever reason the corolla verso is not the same as that model and nothing manual I tried allowed programming the transponder.  Remote opening was straightforward.  

In the end I added a key using techstream.  It took five minutes so a relatively painless solution. If annoying that it could not be done like other Toyota keyless ignition systems.