Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Hybrid Recall

Steve 10

Checked my Auris Hybrid 2015 on the DVLA recall check web page today, 8 July , and it's due a safety recall.

Phoned my local Toyota dealer and they have confirmed this, but the Recall has just been announced and there are no details as to what the recall is about.

The dealer says to wait and they will be in touch.

No panic, I just thought I would let everyone know.

Here's the link if you want to check your own car:

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

It says MOT check, but if you scroll down the page, your find the Recall check button.

• Thanks 2

Thanks. Just checked my 2014 Auris hybrid on the Toyota site and no recalls listed for it. Maybe it affects only the 2015-onwards model or a particular batch. Will be interesting to see what people get from checking theirs.

Yes mine is a 2015 model and showing a recall as from today so Toyota will be getting round to it at some point. From Toyota website

We have identified that your Toyota is subject to a voluntary customer service campaign or outstanding safety recall.

Just checked my 2015 Auris hybrid and coming up as needing work.

See what happens!

James.

Just checked there is a recall on my auris 2016.

Nothing on the dvsa DB for 2020

The vehicle may not enter a failsafe driving mode as intended - Reprogram the Power Management ECU  - but thats from 1/2019

Edit. on Toyota's own recall checker page (55000 cars affected)

Prius and Auris recall notice June 2020

Toyota has recalled certain Prius and Auris models to inspect, and if necessary, reprogram the Power Management ECU. The recall involves Prius and Auris models produced between February 2014 and November 2018.

I think that it's to do with not entering the fail safe driving mode correctly causing the vehicle to stall. ???????

From what Devon Aygo posted on 30th June in the following topic, the latest fail safe/stalling recall will go live in August -

Sounds like the fault that was fixed in a recall on my 2014 Auris last year.

• 2 weeks later...

I called the Toyota recalls number a few days back and they couldn't offer any information, just said they'd put me through to my local dealership. Spoke to them and was told that the fix isn't available yet but not to worry as it's nothing serious, just like a software update really. 🤨 And now I read of stalls at high speed... Here's hoping it really is a rare occurrence!

Previously DVSA recalls were only announced when the manufacturers had the required parts, software updates or remedial work ready to be actioned.

However a couple of years ago, the DVSA stance changed, and recalls are now announced as soon as investigations show that a recall is needed, which then leads to remedial work not always being available when the recall announcement is made.

• Thanks 1

our car is having the update on the 8th august along with its mot

On 7/18/2020 at 12:38 PM, eygo said:

our car is having the update on the 8th august along with its mot

Excellent! Just sent my Auris TS 2015 to Toyota and they got it fixed within two hours. It is just an ECU software reflash. I don't feel any hesitation when stepping on the accelerator anymore after the reflash of the ECU.

Screenshot 2020-07-14 at 19.53.29.png

• Thanks 1

we had the power managment update on our previous mk2 auris hybrid

and we had no issues with the update so i dont have any concerns regarding

having it done again