Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any tips for a newbie?

lunasports

Hi folks, just picked up my new Corolla Luna Sport (second highest Irish spec) saloon in pearlescent red. This forum was a great help in helping me decide to buy the car. Does anyone have any other tips for how to set it up, care for the car etc? Is the paint going to be easy enough to maintain do you think? TIA

Hi John, I picked up my Corolla Sol saloon just as lock down was starting here in Ireland. It is a fabulous car to drive with excellent mpg figures. I tend to just leave the car to do its own thing - I drive in 'Normal' mode and have the heating/AC on 'Auto' most of the time. The one thing that I can not always get right, is the adaptive cruise control, (I am not sure if that is available on the Luna Sport). The first time I tried to set it up, whilst travelling at about 80 kph, it took itself up to 100, (the speed limit on the road I was on), and then immediately applied the brakes as I was gaining on the car in front at a fast rate of knots! At least it showed that the automatic breaking worked!! One thing I would like is a higher volume for the warning tones, but that is something I will speak to the dealer about some time. I don't think you will regret getting the car, once you get used to it.

Thanks David, it has ACC alright - had it on a previous car and it's very handy. Haven't had to test it out yet though - I see it has Cruise Control (Road Sign Assist) which sounds like it happened you - it cruises up to the speed limit sign it see. Must get on a main road tomorrow to try it out. 

Sounds really weird to me, the thing about running on cruise control and suddenly it accelerates above the set value. We have driven thousands of km with CC on and never ever experienced anything like that... But with CC and RSA you just need to press 'up' or down and the car will set the CC on what the car believes to be the speed limit. On the highway the CC is extremely reliable and relaxing to use IMO. But congrats with the new car, John!