Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Cross to Europé ?

HSDish

Doubt it is for Europe - probably for Asian markets such as Thailand, Indonesia, Phillipines, Myanmar, etc.

Looking at the specs it has the same size wheelbase as the C-HR, slightly longer (100mm), etc. So is too close to the C-HR.

• Thanks 1

Saying that, the C-HR isn't much use for families looking for a SUV with usable space!

The Corolla Cross could take some serious sales from the Nissan Cashcow...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, duncerduncs said:

The Corolla Cross could take some serious sales from the Nissan Cashcow...

Which is the market sector the C-HR is in. Similarly the forthcoming Yaris Cross will be Toyota's competitor to the Juke, etc.

Try getting two under 5's in their car seats and all their sh*t in a C-HR?!

Very few families buy the C-HR, it was marketed for 'professional couples'.  I know of 3 friends who now have a Qashqai because the C-HR was too small.

Corolla Cross is perfect for those who no longer have a life (like me!) and dont want to spend £30k plus on a RAV4.

Toyota never replaced the Verso, this would be the perfect replacement!

• Thanks 1

Which is presumably why we have the Corolla Trek.

The C-HR is now in its fifth year, so a second generation may be due in the next two years or so.

Ch-r it’s not small but horrible design especially for rear passengers, otherwise it’s  a good car, juke is the ugliest small car I it’s class but sells successfully and Toyota just went with same stupid design. Mazda played cool and their suvs are one of the better looking and more practical, this new Toyota if available in Europe might be a success, Rav 4 a bit on the larger side. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

juke is the ugliest small car I it’s class but sells successfully

The Juke is in the next sector down and is what the Yaris Cross will sell against. The Qashqai is the same sector as the C-HR.

@FROSTYBALLS Exactly what gap  do you think the Corolla Trek fills out? If memory serves, in comparison to the regular Corolla TS, all you get (dimension wise) is about 1.5 inches of improved ground clearance?

I kinda like the CH-R design wise, practicality is obviously a big issue. I'm really not a huge fan of the new rav4, the previous generation looked better i think. The only toyota suv that really looks interesting and would be thinking of buying it if it ever comes to europe, would be the toyota harrier, which i think it japan only, definetly the most lexus-like toyota out there.

28 minutes ago, Nicolai said:

Exactly what gap  do you think the Corolla Trek fills out? If memory serves, in comparison to the regular Corolla TS, all you get (dimension wise) is about 1.5 inches of improved ground clearance?

The same market gap that Ford (Focus Active and Fiesta Active) and other manufacturers (eg Skoda, Hyundai, etc) have used/are using. Raised ride height giving extra ground clearance, SUV style body mouldings, etc, etc. 

22 minutes ago, King Crimson said:

The only toyota suv that really looks interesting and would be thinking of buying it if it ever comes to europe, would be the toyota harrier

Europe is getting the seven seat Highlander next year ...

But it'll be !Removed! expensive and way beyond my reach financially. I wish they'd reintroduce the Verso as a Plugin....

The nearest thing to the Verso is the Prius+ for however long that remains in production - though in the UK the Prius+ is currently outselling the Prius/Prius Plug-in combined by three to one. Most manufacturers pulled out of the MPV market in Europe as buyers were opting for a SUV's instead.

I take it, you mean the Regular and Plugin are outselling the Plus - the latter having the lowest sales?

Yes, the Plus is no longer sold in Denmark!

I'd like and SUV body but thing is: there is no way I can afford a RAV4, the Yaris T-Cross will probably be too small and the Verso is no longer sold. Size-wise, the Corolla TS fits the bill but it low....

I think a Corolla SUV with a 1.8 must be awfull. The Corolla 2.0 is a perfect match driving through Germany with 75-80 mph. Revs not higher than 3700 going up 4% hills with 75 mph, but the Corolla is nice and quite low with little drag in the wind. 

20 cm higher body from a SUV is a totally different matter. 

The Corolla 1.8 is actually limited to 180 kmh, the CHR cannot go faster than 170 kmh. Same engine, but different body. A even bigger SUV, no way thats gonna work. 

1 hour ago, Nicolai said:

I take it, you mean the Regular and Plugin are outselling the Plus - the latter having the lowest sales?

No.

Extracted from Toyota GB's own sales figures, Toyota GB sales for year to date (January to June inclusive) are:

Prius - 307

Prius Plug-in - 286

Prius Plus - 1,709

Wauw, those are surprising numbers to me. I've never seen a single MPV Prius Plus on any Danish road. Contrary to normal and Plugin vers... 

Yeah. Prius+ was steadily selling ~900-1100 a year in the UK until 2019, when it jumped to 3771. New minicab of choice somewhere or a large fleet deal?

Did it ever receive similar updates to the Corolla with regards to the Hybrid system? I have never seen a promotional campaign from Toyota Denmark that it was face lifted or anything. I follow Mat Watson at CarWow fairly closely and have never seen a review on the updated model...

Think the last update was in 2016 - detail improvements rather than a facelift.

Previously there have been rumours that any replacement will be an SUV, and, as it has been in production for 8 years now, a replacement may be due. Daihatsu also sell a re-badged five seat version in Asia called the Mebius.

On 7/17/2020 at 11:29 AM, Nicolai said:

Did it ever receive similar updates to the Corolla with regards to the Hybrid system? I have never seen a promotional campaign from Toyota Denmark that it was face lifted or anything. I follow Mat Watson at CarWow fairly closely and have never seen a review on the updated model...

I've got an 2017 Prius+ that I'm very pleased with

Think the model was updated/facelifted mid 2015.

(se links below)

It's a bit quieter, a bit smoother and got a little bit upgraded powertrain (to reach euro 6 level) compared to older model.

but not as efficent as new corolla

(and at least in "sunny" sweden there is an Skyweiv roof option)

Would love an update ,prefereably even as Plug In option, for Prius+ but as it's dicontinued , it wont happen.

So... I think Corolla Cross would be a good alternative (preferably even as Plug In)

some 2015 - facelift Prius+ info.

•  

• 1 month later...

Is there any possible way to make (affect/ influence) Toyota to release Corolla Cross in Europe ?