Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Daytime running light fault

Richard W

Hi

My son has a 14 plate Aygo. A couple of weeks ago we noticed the near side front daytime running light was flickering. This week it has stopped working completely. We are assuming that the LED unit has failed - the offside one is still working normally.

I can’t find the part on any of the motor factors’ websites and his manual seems to indicate that it needs a visit to the main dealer. This seems a bit extreme for a faulty light though!

Has anyone had this problem please and if so, how did they resolve it? 

Thanks in anticipation

Rich

Generation 1 (2006-2014) or generation 2 Aygo (2014 onwards)?

27 minutes ago, Richard W said:

Hi

...A couple of weeks ago we noticed the near side front daytime running light was flickering. This week it has stopped working completely. We are assuming that the LED unit has failed - the offside one is still working normally...

Could it be a loose connection?

3 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Generation 1 (2006-2014) or generation 2 Aygo (2014 onwards)?

Hi, it’s a generation 2 I think  - it has the x design on the front.

Many thanks 🙂

Richard

3 hours ago, PeteB said:

Could it be a loose connection?

I suppose it could be, but I’m not sure how to get to it, unless it’s the same way as getting to the fog lights. We’ll take the wing lining off and see if we can see any connections.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Richard

Left and right are the same part number 81430-0H010 (05/2014 on) you usually get 1 or 2 led's drop dead then the unit dies

Credit to Dave9_3 on c1oc

Best to jack up the car and remove the road wheel, as you'll need to be able to get your arms up inside the bumper and the increased height of the car on the jack will allow this.

Wheel arch liner needs to have the front part undone and folded away from the bumper. This required five 10mm bolts and four plastic pop out trim fixings. Pop out the centre of these trim fixings and then the main part of the fixing can be extracted.

The light unit itself is sort of crucifix shaped, with "screw holes" at each extremity. The llght unit actually sits inside a plastic frame. This is fixed to the bumper by two cross headed screws at the top, and two toothed clips at the bottom. The screws are difficult to reach. I managed to move only one. I then removed the two toothed clips and found that was enough to provide sufficient movement to get at the light. When you pull the plastic frame away from the bottom you will see the light has a single cross head screw fastened through the light unit into the plastic frame. once this is undone and you've disconnected the electrical connection, the light unit can then be jiggled out of the plastic frame.

I think you could do this job without undoing the two screws at the top of the frame. The frame is flexible enough, and the screws are quite inaccessible and mine were rusted a little. The toothed clips fit on two plastic clips that are moulded into the back of the bumper. They come off easily with a pair of pliers. Refitting is a push fit. Tap it home with a small socket or such like.

Hope this is helpful to anyone having to undertake this job.

That’s really useful, thanks very much. It looks like a trip to the dealer for the part and then we can get stuck in.

A big thank you to all who contributed - much appreciated 🙂

10 minutes ago, Richard W said:

That’s really useful, thanks very much. It looks like a trip to the dealer for the part and then we can get stuck in.

A big thank you to all who contributed - much appreciated 🙂

It looks to be around the £60 mark, OEM is Valeo but the Valeo item is around £72

Units are marked with the PSA Part number

• Like 1

Brilliant.

Massive thanks for your help!

Cheers

Richard

Good luck with the job. 

I have normal halogen bulb for the Yaris DRL I'm pretty happy with that as the bulb are 10 for 12 or 13£.