Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis T27 drivers seat shiny and losing colour

MikeEH

The driver's seat in my 2010 T27 is getting shiny and losing colour. I only bought the car in December with 55K on the clock. Never had this occur on my old T25 with 120K on the clock. Does anyone know how to renovate and get the colour back please? (Looks like the previous owner had been sitting on the edge of the seat like a 6 year old...)

Car seat.jpg

I assume your car is TR spec as the seats have the same material as mine. I have not noticed my drivers seat staining like yours. I get dust build up where the seat base meets the backrest. It's easily cleaned. I will look at my seats later and try any suitable cleaner I have.

The seats are not leather, they're a soft-ish fabric almost like corduroy. So I don't think that leather renovating stuff would work. Thinking about it, I used to have the same sheen effect on the seat of my corduroy trousers that I used to wear many many many years ago......Maybe I should look for corduroy renovating stuff.

My seat which is made of the same material as the OP, does not have the shiny look. It is not sun bleached even though the car is always parked, facing south on my drive. There some minor stains on all the seats, and using foam carpet/fabric cleaner - Wilko car version and Mousse version seem to help. 
I wonder if some chemical had been used before the current owner got the car? My car has done well over 90,000 miles and being '58 plate (2009), the car has seen a bit of service. Also chemicals off the clothing or if wearing shorts, anything applied to the skin. So many variables. I hope you find a solution.   

Thanks for reply. After really examining the seat I've noticed that it looks like wear. The raised "cords" (as on cordury) of that part of the seat seem to be flatter than the surroundind raised cords...if you understand me. It almost implies that the previous owner either had a weird shaped bum that only wore out a lateral line of the cords or maybe had haemorrhoids and was constantly rubbing his/her bum from side to side. Sorry about my interpretations but I can't think of any other way that the wear patterns would be so laterally localized. I don't think that a restoring product would now work, unfortunately.