Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SatNav view shows no minor roads

Scampo

Hi - I've just bought a C-HR 1.8 Excel (2019) and am thoroughly enjoying owning it but the maps are so different from my previous car, a 2017 Prius. Unless I set a destination, when all is well, all minor roads are missing from the view. This means that when I arrive home, the satnav pointer is in the middle of a blank area as my road isn't on the map. Yesterday while driving alongside a local reservoir, it looked as if I was in a field.

I assumed I could alter the amount of map detail in a setting, but I couldn't find such a setting. I did updated the maps online soon after I bought the car and I'm wondering if the download failed in some way?

Any help would be much appreciated.

What Software/Map version is installed?

Press setup , scroll down to Software information

Hi - thanks very much for replying (I'd missed it as I'd not asked for an email to be sent). I have, in fact, been able to solve the "problem". It seems that I had "auto-zoom" enabled, which, when a destination isn't set, causes the map display to zoom out to show a wider view and also to make all minor roads invisible. I suppose someone thought this would create a less-cluttered looking screen? But it looks odd to me and wasn't like that in my previous car, a Prius. My home road, for example, doesn't show and the car seems to be in the middle of a field or something. I've now "unticked" auto-zoom and zoomed in the map a touch and now, all roads show as before in the Prius.

I notice, too, that Toyota have disabled road speed limit displays on the Satnav maps and thus there are now no warnings for exceeding the speed limit (except using Toyota's road sign recognition system). I miss that.

Thanks again!

Steve

• 1 month later...
On 7/15/2020 at 4:06 PM, Scampo said:

Hi - thanks very much for replying (I'd missed it as I'd not asked for an email to be sent). I have, in fact, been able to solve the "problem". It seems that I had "auto-zoom" enabled, which, when a destination isn't set, causes the map display to zoom out to show a wider view and also to make all minor roads invisible. I suppose someone thought this would create a less-cluttered looking screen? But it looks odd to me and wasn't like that in my previous car, a Prius. My home road, for example, doesn't show and the car seems to be in the middle of a field or something. I've now "unticked" auto-zoom and zoomed in the map a touch and now, all roads show as before in the Prius.

I notice, too, that Toyota have disabled road speed limit displays on the Satnav maps and thus there are now no warnings for exceeding the speed limit (except using Toyota's road sign recognition system). I miss that.

Thanks again!

Steve

Steve, my 2018 CH-R shows speed limits on the Satnav screen - I wonder if this is an option to be dis/enabled?

21 hours ago, KevinCr said:

Steve, my 2018 CH-R shows speed limits on the Satnav screen - I wonder if this is an option to be dis/enabled?

I suspect Scampo has a later 2019 facelift model which comes with a newer headunit incorporating Apple Carplay / Android Auto with Physical buttons/knobs and where Toyota have moved the Speed sign/overspeed warnings up into the Dash multifunction display away from the nav screen.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2020 at 4:06 PM, Scampo said:

Thanks again!

Steve

Hi Steve, I too miss the road speed limit display on my 2020 CHR 2020 Sat Nav.  In Nav set up it shows the option but it doesn't let you turn it on... I have my local Toyota dealership looking into this for me. I will update when i have more information. Cheers Dave

6 hours ago, Dave Sheridan said:

Hi Steve, I too miss the road speed limit display on my 2020 CHR 2020 Sat Nav.  In Nav set up it shows the option but it doesn't let you turn it on... I have my local Toyota dealership looking into this for me. I will update when i have more information. Cheers Dave

Cars equipped with RSA ( Road sign assist ) and the later MM19 headunit cannot display the signs on the media display all the info is routed to the Display by the Speedo