Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing orientation of home screen map

Swanthecat

I recently updated the sat nav system in my 2019 Corolla to the latest map/software update. On two fleeting occasions since I did this, I think I managed to change the orientation of the home screen map to point in the driving direction rather than always showing North. Problem is I don’t know how I did it and have been unable to repeat this since the annoying system has a mind of its own and seems incapable of retaining most settings. I am now beginning to question whether I actually ever saw this in the first place but noticed on another thread that someone mentioned the latest update had a fix for this. Any pointers?

Middle soft button (the button above the one that mutes the audible turn instructions). It toggles between 2D north, 3D and 2D direction. There is also a setting to specify the default which didn't work originally but which - if you have the latest version - apparently should now.

Thanks but I can only get this option on the actual sat nav map. When the smaller map appears on the home screen it is only in the North up orientation

Small map on home screen is north up only.

I has problems with the 3d option  resetting to 2d north up on my 2019 model but the software update in March this year fixed it. It now also retains the voice guidance setting when the ignition is switched off and on.