Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Great MPG from 2020 Corolla 1.8 HB

Luke717

I hit a great milestone today with my Corolla 1.8 HB that I've had for two weeks.

According to the system's estimate, I've averaged 60.3 MPG so far over 607 miles during this time. Photo attached! 

This is exactly why I bought this hybrid. This milestone figure is way better than my previous car, a Ford Focus Titanium auto 1.0 turbo, where I was lucky to hit 43, maybe 45, MPG. To be fair, I've adjusted my driving style with the Corolla, driving more conservatively than I did before - 99% of the time in Normal mode. And this is a hybrid whereas the Focus is just a petrol engine. But still, I think 60 MPG is excellent.

Undoubtedly this will change over time depending on so many variables including my driving style. But if I can consistently keep above 55 MPG, I'll be happy!

Corolla-MPG-20200712_172815-1280x814.jpg

• Like 2

You just wait and see. Mpg's going to improve 10% the next 5000 miles. My own 2.0 is doing 63 mpg at the moment. 

• Like 5

Mine's been sat at 66 on the dash for over a month (probably because I haven't done any no commuting, yay!) I filled up on Friday and it worked out at 60 mpg. Still pretty good but another example of questionable accuracy from the car. I've driven to a remote golf course today so assumed poor roads and hills would give a bad result but the car is currently showing 72 mpg.

From past experience (I've done over 10k miles in mine now) I know that weather (temperature particularly) affects fuel consumption and the weather has been better this weekend.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing that, Andrue, good to know!

My car's different than Andrues. Mpg's mostly higher when beeing calculated, than estimated by the car. Up to 3% better, but not very often worse. 

Tuesday morning I'll be heading towards Austria. I'm very excited to see how mpg's and dash accuracy turns out on long faster drives. 

• Like 1

I think the worst I ever had was a long drive to my Dad's (180 miles at 60mph) then a week of driving to/from golf courses in that area. When I first arrived I think the the car was saying 74 mpg. After the week of pottering around it was saying mid 60s. When I filled it up it calculated as 56. It's never been so inaccurate ever again but is generally 5% to 10% optimistic for me.

But the important thing is that I'm averaging 10% better than I did with my Honda Jazz and my driving style hasn't changed. Better car. More power on the rare occasions I want it and 10% lower fuel consumption. Given that most of my driving isn't ideal for a hybrid (mostly open road rather than urban) I have nothing to complain about.

I am on 67 as per display in eco mode

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links