Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre pressure

Merlin5

Hello chaps. 🙂

I pumped the tyres up yesterday to 32 front and 32 rear. My tyres are 205/55 R16 V 91. According to the manual that's the right pressure. 

But I've seen some places say unladen should be 35 front and 32 rear and another saying 33/33. Shall I stick with 32/32?

There's also nothing I can see about what pressure when carrying heavier loads. Would you say 38 all round for laden?

There should be a sticker/plate inside the driver's door opening on the B pillar whuch gives the tyre pressures including when loaded and at speed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

There should be a sticker/plate inside the driver's door opening on the B pillar whuch gives the tyre pressures including when loaded and at speed.

Thanks, I looked at the other pillars and missed that one!

Yes, matches the manual, 32/32 under 99mph and 36/36 over 99mph.

Those pressures must be for unladen and laden because the little drawing shows the driver plus 5 passengers. And the only thing that changes it from 32 to 36 is speed.

20200714_163955.jpg

Tyre Pressures.jpg

I found the best pressure for my car are 2.4 bar front and 2.3 Bar rear, same size as yours. Speed for me it’s not a thing as I will never get anywhere 99mph, I am usually cruising at 65/70mph. 👍

6 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

I found the best pressure for my car are 2.4 bar front and 2.3 Bar rear, same size as yours. Speed for me it’s not a thing as I will never get anywhere 99mph, I am usually cruising at 65/70mph. 👍

That works out 35/33 I think. I can try that. How do you know it's the best pressure, do you feel it in the ride, is it smoother?

i would measure your tread depth across the tyre width

to get a iew on how the tyre is wearing @ 32psi

if you find the centre has deeper tread then yes increase

the tyre pressure if its equal then leave it at toyota's pressures

on our 16 plate we run 35 / 35

• Like 1

I used to run my 2015 Auris Hybrid at 36 psi but have now dropped it to 33psi as I found 36psi a bit too hard and uncomfortble.

9 hours ago, Merlin5 said:

That works out 35/33 I think. I can try that. How do you know it's the best pressure, do you feel it in the ride, is it smoother?

Hi, yes my car comes originally with 215/45 R17 and pressures 2.3 front and 2.2 rear. After the wheels and tyres change (205/55 R16) I tried keeping same pressures as 17” but there where under inflated as the car was feeling too soft and sluggish, than I used a pressure table and I had see recommendation of 2.5/2.5 however that felt too hard and noisy, and so I was trying to adjust to find the suitable point that comes to using just 1 bar on top of the oem recommendation for 17” wheels. I am driving with probably one  of the softest tyres available on the market, also my car is a hybrid and has slightly more weight 1.4 tons then standard 1.6 engine. I also monitor the what was suggested by Eygo for tyre tread, watch for the border mark of dirt that accumulate At the tyre edges while driving on motorway, if it’s too much out tyre is under inflated if too much in toward the middle of the tread it’s over inflated. When you check pressure make sure the car hasn’t been in use for at least few hours and no direct sun or this will change pressures drastically. 👍

• 1 year later...

What is hood pressure for taxi use

What is best tyre pressure for taxi use please thanks 

25 minutes ago, Tanwir Asghar said:

What is best tyre pressure for taxi use please thanks 

Check your tyre pressures label on the door shut, measure them on cold before start driving in the morning and you can keep just a bit on top of the recommended figures. I do currently 2.35 bar front and 2.25 bar rear. Previous model Auris hybrid. 

I keep mine at 33 front and back, I think the manual calls for 32.

I don't know if its just luck but all my tires go down evenly on this car, I check once a month, its nearly 2 months since last top up.

I found that info once and always following that rules. For now I'm running on R17 225/45

photo_2020-08-23_16-23-22.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links