Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla 2019 Sat Nav stop navigation

Silvidog

Hi

I have a 2019 Corolla but cannot seem to stop navigation using voice control. Any ideas? 

I've tried :-

"Stop Navigation" 

"Stop route" 

"Navigation Stop" 

And various other similar commands. Nothing seems to work! What am i missing? Thanks! 

Sorry, never used the voice control, have you tried "Cancel" in a phrase!

Hi if you look on satnav screen on the side you will see 3 dots press the dots and you will see pause route press pause route this will stop the satnav.

Voice control is very limited unfortunately, for sat nav it lets you put in destinations but thats about it.

I have written to Toyota saying that voice control should be enabled for all commands, particularly thaose where you have to press buttons on the central screen.

Look in the infotainment manual page 142 onwards in my version. I copied and pasted all the commands into a word doc (Voice commands.docx) from the pdf then printed this out. I keep it for information in the useless tray under the infotainment system. I'd  learn them in time if they were of more use. I do use Go Home quite a bit, but thats about it.

Doesn’t matter what you say to the dammed thing it won’t understand you anyway. I have fallen out with mine and we don’t speak anymore. Seriously poor infotainment system in this car really lets it down

4 hours ago, Jiff said:

the useless tray under the infotainment system.

It's not useless. It's the ideal place to put an external music device. In fact it's the only place to put such devices since the USB socket in the centre console is for power only. I have an iPod Touch in my 'useless' tray 😉

From reviews and pictures that i've seen the tray has an awkward shape for some reason and i can't imagine that you can store any of the newer phones that are huge in size. Mine thankfully came with wireless charging which wasn't even mentioned in the brochure nor anywhere else so it was a big surprise when i got to the showroom to pick up my car. It's such a great feature and i'm so thankfull that i have it, it has saved me lots of times since my phones Battery has been getting quite weak and drains really fast. I have a Samsung s7 edge and it fits just fine but in a few months i will buy one of the newer flagships either from Samsung or iPhone (haven't decided yet) and i'm worried if it will be able to fit under there since these phones are huge. 

Also about the post in question, i don't have satnav so i wouldn't know about any voice commands but when i want to call someone i use the voice commands and it works just fine but of course it's not as smart as other voice command systems that you can talk quite naturally and it will still understand you. Me and some other members have said the infotainment isn't that good especially when compared to other cars in it's class, you can of course bypass the infotainments software with android auto/ Apple carplay if toyota ever decides to give us the ability to retrofit.

Thanks everyone! We can get fined for touching the infotainment panel whist driving. So stuck without being able to stop navigation without breaking the law! 

In terms of connecting devices, I've added an Alexa Auto to the small tray. Perfect! Pretty much any Alexa question, music or radio station you want by voice command and the steering buttons even work to change tracks etc. 

Highy recommended!