Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1st gen 3 door rear speaker install passenger area

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Morning all...

Considering my next project...

I've seen 3 door aygos which have Speakers installed into the side panels for the rear passengers...unsure which spec these were standard in.

However how is it done? Would I need to remove those panels and is it difficult? 

Once some Speakers have been put in... i could remove my current Sony deck and install an amp...id like a mini amp...any recommendations BTW on a mini amp model would be greatly appreciated...has to be a cheap one though sadly...budgets tights!

Cheers all

HERE is how Toyota did i, the kit is no longer available and aftermarket Speakers will sound better but it should give a good idea of how to go about it

22 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

HERE is how Toyota did i, the kit is no longer available and aftermarket speakers will sound better but it should give a good idea of how to go about it

Cheers Devon Aygo, much appreciated, been over the diagrams, seems a doddle, watched a few vids too, simple case of partially removing door seal, pulling panel forward slightly enough to feed the speaker cable into your cut out holes, and then mounting the speaker.

I look forward to this project shortly, just finding myself a mini amp, some wiring, and hole cutters.

Ill pic the result once done.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Just an update!

Managed to cut my holes in the rear panels at the weekend in prep for mounting my additionalspeakers...getting the exact measurements right as to where to mount them on a flat spot was nail biting enough let alone actually cutting the holes out! 

Next I plan to wire them up to a new amp etc...the hard bits done for now.

Pics attached!

20200802_155124.jpg

20200802_155551.jpg

20200802_155459.jpg

20200802_171956.jpg

20200802_171756.jpg

• Like 1

Good little install Sam. Another advantage is that the parcel shelf is not butchered, plus when the shelf removed you lose the rear Speakers. Many years ago when I had a Fiesta Mk1 1300S, the car had only one single speaker in the very same area where you installed your Speakers. I got another bracket from Ford, and put that in the left side, then replaced the Speakers with something better. I changed the stereo and added a booster amp/equaliser, and Goodmans GP100 speakers in the boot area for base. Never touched the shelf. The sound at that time was great. 
I like your ideas and projects.  

Edited to delete post...I realised I had gone completely mental for 10 mins and I actually have a 5 door...I blame old age!

The instructions Devon provided still apply, take note of the 5 door pictures.

iirc there is also the installation destructions for the front doors

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/{052786E4-354F-D9B5-83FD-CB9B9F74354F}/AYGO_SOUND_PACK_RHD_PZ473_90240_00_AIM_001_159_6.pdf

Thanks all for postings, lots of handy info, bit late for me and our 107 as I fitted parcel shelf Speakers within weeks of getting our 107 new over 10 years ago, but deffo helps others as it popular topic. Sam understand your nail biting over door card cutting, I was same when fitted front door Speakers few years ago, I probably spent longer measuring and checking, than cutting and wiring the Speakers in!, having those templates would been a big help.

Hi All

Just completed my backboard install, pics attached.

Can't wait to wire up my amp, time permitting, probably best weekend

20200807_172526.jpg

• Thanks 1