Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OEM Brake Pads

angryengineer

Dear Forum 🙂,

Would anyone know the identity of the manufacturer of the OEM brake pads for a 2005 Toyota Corolla 1.4 D4D?

Thank you for any information.

Expect Toyota will have changed suppliers over the years anyway, so you might get several correct answers, and not sure if they do Optifit pads as well or who makes them ?

If you are so concerned just buy Toyotas own from your local dealer or Toyota Online eBay, seem to be around £60 a front set, assume you would need to buy the matching Toyota discs as well,  though have  to ask why bother with so many good brake pad brands around at half that price ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Think Textar make the Optifit brake pads.

• Thanks 1

Toyota, Bosch or Pagid?  Inside the little box, it says; Pagid.

ALIM0195.thumb.JPG.1b184bca4e62cb26243682daf0255082.JPG

• Thanks 1

TMD corp own the Textar, Mintex and Paget brands.

5 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

TMD corp own the Textar, Mintex and Paget brands.

The point I was making is that that is a "genuine" Toyota pad.

I was thinking of going with Aisin pads since in this case it doesn't seem to be possible to know which manufacturer brake pad corresponds to a genuine Toyota pad.

Could well be part of their Optifit range, which is a lower priced Toyota branded alternative to the factory fit parts. For example Trico make the wipers used in the Optifit range, and these are different to the OE wipers.

Aside from that TMD Corp also produce OE parts for vehicle manufacturers - ie Mercedes.

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, angryengineer said:

I was thinking of going with Aisin pads since in this case it doesn't seem to be possible to know which manufacturer brake pad corresponds to a genuine Toyota pad.

The car probably has Bosch calipers, maybe even Lucas/Girling.  So, why not fit Bosch pads?  As you can see from my photo, genuine Toyota pads also have Bosch branding.  I'm quite sure I could buy Bosch pads for you car for £20.

The car has Lucas Girling calipers

On 7/16/2020 at 9:18 PM, angryengineer said:

Cannot quiet see the reasoning in fitting Aisin pads into LucasTWR calipers ?

Plus Aisin pads  do not seem readily available in the UK, and as said so many good makes to choose from, wonder what makes you feel you need to go to such alternative lengths ?

I have just bought rear disks and pads from an online supplier autodoc.co.uk. They are based in Germany and the parcel only took 4 days to arrive. The parts are made in Germany - Ridex brand. The set cost £52, which included a £3 optional safe delivery charge. The disks are beautifully machined. Will have them fitted next week.

Anyone else had dealings with autodoc.co.uk ?

I can highly recommend EBC brake pads, made in U.K., low dust, excellent performance, good life, prices are competitive too. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, flyphil said:

I have just bought rear disks and pads from an online supplier autodoc.co.uk. They are based in Germany and the parcel only took 4 days to arrive. The parts are made in Germany - Ridex brand. The set cost £52, which included a £3 optional safe delivery charge. The disks are beautifully machined. Will have them fitted next week.

Anyone else had dealings with autodoc.co.uk ?

I actually buy stuff from autodoc.co.uk

The parts appear to be posted from Germany.

16 hours ago, oldcodger said:

Cannot quiet see the reasoning in fitting Aisin pads into LucasTWR calipers ?

Plus Aisin pads  do not seem readily available in the UK, and as said so many good makes to choose from, wonder what makes you feel you need to go to such alternative lengths ?

So TWR brake pads would be your choice?

On 7/16/2020 at 10:31 PM, Stivino said:

The first link (Brake Pads Set Front JCP1573 Juratek 446502061 446502130 VBP2448 23766 Quality) would fit my car.

The second link - I don't think they would fit my car.

This is a cross reference of the pads that fit your car.

• Thanks 1