Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remove aerial from roof.

Angel the blonde

hi, putting a wrap on my Aygo roof, is the only way to remove the aerial mount from under headliner? Its the only thing standing in my way of creating my dream car masterpiece.

Either remove it (under the headliner, there is no need to take the whole thing down) or cut the vinyl around it

if you want it to last prime the edges with a suitable vinyl primer, it's a 2-person job - clean and clay the roof  first and use a wax and grease remover

use a good quality vinyl too like a 3M Di-Noc or Ritrama

flash22. Thanks for your help, just in the car now having a think and prodding headliner. Light bulb moment! Took down the courtesy light and the bolt for aerial is accessible from in there, no need to remove headliner. 

The wrap is a Air Release from M and P black purple gloss flip, doing the roof and door mirrors, should look trick. 

• Like 1

MDP ? i have used them many a time over the years

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Angel the blonde said:

flash22. Thanks for your help, just in the car now having a think and prodding headliner. Light bulb moment! Took down the courtesy light and the bolt for aerial is accessible from in there, no need to remove headliner. 

The wrap is a Air Release from M and P black purple gloss flip, doing the roof and door mirrors, should look trick. 

Hi, this project sounds very interesting, wishing you all the best, im sure we’ll all be looking forward to some pics x

Late to the party here, but yes sure I've read somewhere remove the light and the nut or bolt is visible.