Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

weird chirping at 2000 rpm

aurisfin

hello everyone!

I noticed that my 2008 auris makes a weird chirping noise when the rpms are just below 2000 when the car is at operating temperature or close to it. I have replaced the serpentine belt and that made no difference (pulleys felt good also, no play and bearings felt smooth). I've also noticed that the clutch makes some creaking noises sometimes, could it be a bad release bearing (could be just lack of lubrication between clutch fork and ball? I haven't really been able to locate where the noise is coming from. Any help is appreciated

Which engine?

It's 1.6 dual vvti (1zr-fe) with a 5 speed manual transmission. The noise occurs both when driving (doesn't matter at which gear I'm on and happens both while accelerating and decelerating) and when revving while stationary in neutral.

I had clutch squeaking before on multiple cars, should be as you say the contact point between slave cylinder piston, and clutch fork. You can lubricate it, but usually it works for couple of months, then it comes back.

When the A/C is off, the sound is still there?

Ac doesn't seem to have any effect on the noise. I aldo tried spraying some water on the belt but that didn't help either (propably not pulley misalignment then?) Belt runs true to my eyes atleast

http://aijaa.com/XPoKUl
http://aijaa.com/CO1Lxi
Noticed that my new belt has some weird marks and is getting really hot, could it be slipping? could it be my water pump seizing (it's not leaking)? You really can't hear the sound in the video but it sounds like the belt is slipping or rubbing against something. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links