Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

clutch smelling issue

davecullen6

Hi

I just wanted to ask about this again as I saw various posts in the past, so my new Aygo and I had a run down to Yorkshire dales this week, (around 500 miles covered), and on two occasions when I found myself having to do a tricky turn/pull out from a spot with poor visibility in these wee back roads, I did pull out sharpish, and maybe slipped the clutch slightly on doing so., but nothing ridiculous.

So i was a bit concerned to notice a distinct smell from the clutch, now in my defence I have owned at least two cars in which I covered over 100,000 miles on original clutch plus all my others and never had this happen, so I am wee bit worried about this given there seems to be a history of Aygo clutches failing??

Apart from that, it was fine, I did a few hill starts etc without any further problem, be interested in up to date views on this.

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave

Have the rules recently changed to allow driving from Scotland to England and back again? Maybe I missed the changes . . . 

The main issue of Aygo clutches failing was for the early first generation Aygos, and this was reduced by fitting the larger clutch from the Yaris from early 2009.

1 hour ago, HS78 said:

Hi Dave

Have the rules recently changed to allow driving from Scotland to England and back again? Maybe I missed the changes . . . 

yes, there are no restrictions, just oor Nicola still threatening to close the border!!

2 minutes ago, davecullen6 said:

yes, there are no restrictions, just oor Nicola still threatening to close the border!!

Queen Nicoliar hasn't got the power to do that.

Thank

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The main issue of Aygo clutches failing was for the early first generation Aygos, and this was reduced by fitting the larger clutch from the Yaris from early 2009.

Thanks Mike, I must have just been too heavy on the right foot, I did read with interest on another post that the aircon kicking in can produce a slight drag effect when driving, I definitely noticed something like this today coming up the A68 and all its hills as it was very muggy and a/c on most of the time, I must get used to fact it is a little car without a turbo, apart from that, it is great

1 minute ago, Stivino said:

Queen Nicoliar hasn't got the power to do that.

try telling her that!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links