Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris 2017 panoramic roof blind issue

Sheikh Islam

Hi All,

I have an Auris 2017 model automatic with panoramic roof. The blind is not opening properly. The blind control button is operating okay. The bind works fine up to middle point then it is not rolling back, drop on top of passengers seats. Anyone aware of such issue. Is it covered under warranty as the car is 3 years old?

Many thanks 

Sheikh 

If it is a manufacturing defect rather than other damage, it should be covered under the new car warranty. Needs to be taken to a Toyota dealer for them to determine what the fault is.

Hi 

Many thanks for your reply.

I went to local toyota dealer. Unfortunately they couldn't find the fault. They have asked me to rebook for a week and £500 investigation charge will apply to detect the fault. However if it covered by warranty then the charge will not be required. Very disappointed as if it is not covered then I have to pay £500 plus repair cost. If I know it is not covered under warranty then I can plan accordingly. Should I contact toyota? Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks 

It is common for dealers, not just Toyota dealers, to charge for investigation work if the issue isn't covered by warranty, although £500 seems a bit steep. It is simply that, if it isn't a warranty issue, they don't cover their labour costs.

36 minutes ago, Sheikh Islam said:

Unfortunately they couldn't find the fault.

So when they looked at it initially, did the fault not occur? In which case it could be intermittant and possibly difficult to trace.

if it is an intermittant fault i would wait until it happens more often / all of the time

before taking it in to the dealer to prevent you being slapped with the £500 bill

It's a constant fault,  always occur when I try to open the blind. I am also surprised why they want to investigate further.  

51 minutes ago, Sheikh Islam said:

It's a constant fault,  always occur when I try to open the blind.

As the dealer couldn't find any fault previously, and you say it isn't intermittant, it would seem best then, to get one of the technicians to sit in the car with you whilst you operate the blind.

you may struggle to have a technician in the car with you at the same time due to the current climate we are in,

maybe put the blind in the position where it gets stuck and let them look at it

This is what I have found from their notes and quotation: " checked for PAN roof fault, roller blind not rolling away properly. Needs rebooked for one week to strip down and investigate further. £500 if not covered by warranty" 

They need more time to investigate this and I need to agree to pay the investigation charge. 

Many thanks for your advice.

• 2 years later...