Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Toyota Yaris. Daytime Running Light

Tony Moloney

I have a 2015 Toyota Yaris. Both Daytime Running Lights (Near & Offside) have blown. Is the daytime running lamp (filament) in the same bulb as the Headlight/Full Beam?

There are two types:

Standard models have a shared twin filament W21/5w these perform both DRL @ 21w and dim to 5w as sidelight

Higher models have a Shared LED setup bright for DRL dimming for sidelight

Its unusual for them to blow very for both, just a point after turning the ignition key on the DRL only turn on with the engine running, in gear (auto) & parking brake off, once on they then stay illuminated, dimming when side/headlights are on so if you were just turning the ignition on then getting out to check they would still be off.

Higher end DRL.jpg

Standard type DRL.jpg

Hi Lee

Many thanks, this is just what I needed to know, i.e., the Daytime Running Light is part of the Sidelight.

Actually, only one of them had blown. The other must have had a dodgy connection because when I took it out to look at it, noticed it seemed ok and put it back, it started working and has been ok since.

Once more, thanks for the info