Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Key fob battery

Auris James

I have a 2015 Auris Hybrid and need to renew the key fob Battery again.

Bought the car in January and same warning on dash so Toyota dealer changed both batteries in each fob. Battery low warning again, so suspect old stock.

Going to change them myself and buy my own. What Battery is in them?

Many thanks. James.

Pop it open, and see what Battery it takes as there are 4 - CR2016, 2025, 2032 or the early fob that uses CR1632

Use good quality cells Energizer, Panasonic, Duracell or the like, as the fob will eat cheap cells

• Thanks 1

My handbook shows how to change the Battery and what designation it is. Is it not in yours?

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies.

I'll pop it open and have a look. 

It's a CR2032

James:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Auris James said:

Thanks for the replies.

I'll pop it open and have a look. 

It's a CR2032

Bought and fitted!

Not sure where the dealers get their batteries from, but I've had the same thing - low Battery warning shortly after it was replaced at dealership. I just replace them myself now. I agree that the big brands tend to last well (assuming reasonably fresh stock) - I've found Panasonic and Maxell to be good - but more recently I've settled for some ludicrously cheap ones from Ikea and those have worked out just fine, not quite as long-lasting as the branded ones but at £1 for a pack of 8 CR2032 (yes, really!) I regard them as good enough!

6 hours ago, CurranShelter said:

Not sure where the dealers get their batteries from, but I've had the same thing - low battery warning shortly after it was replaced at dealership. I just replace them myself now. I agree that the big brands tend to last well (assuming reasonably fresh stock) - I've found Panasonic and Maxell to be good - but more recently I've settled for some ludicrously cheap ones from Ikea and those have worked out just fine, not quite as long-lasting as the branded ones but at £1 for a pack of 8 CR2032 (yes, really!) I regard them as good enough!

I know, not great is it. Bought 8 Energiser and 4 Panasonic brand. Now keep some in the glovebox!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CurranShelter said:

Not sure where the dealers get their batteries from, but I've had the same thing - low battery warning shortly after it was replaced at dealership. I just replace them myself now. I agree that the big brands tend to last well (assuming reasonably fresh stock) - I've found Panasonic and Maxell to be good - but more recently I've settled for some ludicrously cheap ones from Ikea and those have worked out just fine, not quite as long-lasting as the branded ones but at £1 for a pack of 8 CR2032 (yes, really!) I regard them as good enough!

Are you 100% sure they replaced it? I've caught a main dealer out in the past for not changing it. Then it was part of the full service schedule. "Sorry, bring it in and we will change it, how do you know?" That's for me to know!

Couldn't be bothered completing a 20 miles round trip (nearest and where the car as purchased from), it would have cost more than the Battery price in fuel, always change the batt. myself now.

@mrpj Well that's a good question as I did wonder if they changed it at the service, given that I got the low Battery warning not long afterwards! But then in response to that I'm pretty sure they did change it... it lasted a bit longer as I recall, but not as long as I'd expect, hence I gave up bothering with getting them to do it and like you I just change them myself when required.

I always keep one spare Battery in the glovebox, just in case. 👍Sometimes if you keep your car keys together with an Android phone with NFC on can cause interference and the car won’t be able to pick up key signal. Happens very often to me when key and Android are in the same pocket.