Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear brake pads

Edm

Hi all

Need to replace rear brake pads on my Toyota Auris estate 1.2 T 2015 year 

To wind back brake piston is it clockwise turn or anti clockwise

Is the same direction for both wheels

Can you recommend a site to buy wind back tool

many thanks

Martin

Moved to the Auris club.

Hi, you try first clockwise and if stops after a half turn then it’s anti-clockwise. Previous generations hybrid both rear callipers rewinds clockwise, just done today one Auris and I am doing tomorrow another one. The following tool set is the Best Buy , https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223917482133 

For rear callipers use tool attachment  F and for front one is 3 of the set. 
When rewind if there is resistance, find someone to help pumping the brake pedal or pushing up few time’s hand brake to,take the piston out half way then rewind again, spray some silicone lubricant over the boot and clean with rug. Don’t forget to clean and lubricate sliding pins with silicone paste or similar. 
Good luck 

There are universal brake wind back tools available cheaper online. I have had my kit and used it on various cars. Then you are covered if the piston wind back is reversed on one side.

Tony &Konrad

Thank you so much for replying with good detailed info . Will get tool and go to work.

This is the first car I owned with disk brakes all round . Used to drive older cars with drum brakes in rear ,

Done front brakes many times ,rear shoes never seemed to wear out . I guess nearly all braking was on front wheels

Should be good will follow your instructions 

Thanks again

Martin

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Konrad C said:

There are universal brake wind back tools available cheaper online. I have had my kit and used it on various cars. Then you are covered if the piston wind back is reversed on one side.

Toyota is special, you need the correct size wind back tool - and it is the only size i didn't have

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Toyota is special, you need the correct size wind back tool - and it is the only size i didn't have

It depends on the kit you have. Here is my kit.

20200720_225822.jpg

Rear calliper on gen1 Auris tool F, perhaps the 2015 has same or similar. Important to the OP, clean thoroughly the slider pins and apply only tiny bit of silicone paste on them, once pushed in squish the rubber boots to let the air out so the pins are not pushed out by air pressure ,  been doing brakes on my Auris recently and lesson learned, hard way. 👍
Regards 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links