Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Network issues

Alikadz

Hi, I have just bought a 2019 rav4 but having a couple of network issues. First off I've got the car all set up with my home wifi no problem, but have issues with mobile wifi. It doesn't seem to save my info so it won't automatically connect to my mobile wifi, I have to keep inputting my password and sometimes takes a while to find my phone though my bluetooth connects straight away. The second  issue is even though I'm connected to a wifi source home or mobile, when I try connecting to say e-store or looking at the weather for instance it fails and I get "an error has occurred. try again. code: 4122" but even trying again I have no luck, worked fine the first couple of days but now nothing. Any ideas........

I no on my old Ford Galaxy the ignition had to be on so could be that also sometimes works is when you deselect everything then add them again one by one 

I have the same issue regarding connecting to phone Wi-fi. It used to work fine when I first got the car, May 2019, but I had it in at the dealer back in January for a service and mentioned that the E-Store wasn’t working. They did an update to try to fix it and now it won’t auto connect to my phone Wi-fi. Does seem strange that it will happily connect to my home Wi-Fi. I’ve tried removing the stored settings and re doing it but still won’t auto connect. 

E-store has never worked on my car, and the dealer has had it a few times and sent a request off to Toyota Tech and (as of March this year when it was last in) they said it was a problem at Toyotas end that was affecting all Ravs. I don’t have any weather apps or anything, only the e store icon and it doesn’t come up with any faults. Just tries loading for approx 30 secs the returns to previous screen. 

Rather than connect to WiFi, you're so much better off sharing your network connection via your phone ("bluetooth tethering" on Android, "Personal Hotspot" on iOS). The system will automatically connect each time you turn it on, rather than have to muddle around with a second connection.

I am using "Personal Hotspot" but it keeps forgetting my settings and I have to re set it up every time I start the car and when I do have it working after half an hour or so it disconnects, and I have to start over, Toyota say its an issue with Apple and not their media system, odd though as I'm running the latest iOS software on a iPhone 11 so would have thought it should work fine

I am using "Personal Hotspot" but it keeps forgetting my settings and I have to re set it up every time I start the car and when I do have it working after half an hour or so it disconnects, and I have to start over, Toyota say its an issue with Apple and not their media system, odd though as I'm running the latest iOS software on a iPhone 11 so would have thought it should work fine
Are you connecting to it via WiFi, or only via bluetooth? If you're connecting via WiFi, I'd recommend you skip that step and watch the navigation system connect anyway (via Bluetooth). In their wisdom, Apple built Personal Hotspot to allow you to connect via bluetooth, WiFi or USB (Touch 2 only supports the first 2), which just adds confusion in my opinion.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...
On 7/20/2020 at 5:57 PM, Alikadz said:

Hi, I have just bought a 2019 rav4 but having a couple of network issues. First off I've got the car all set up with my home wifi no problem, but have issues with mobile wifi. It doesn't seem to save my info so it won't automatically connect to my mobile wifi, I have to keep inputting my password and sometimes takes a while to find my phone though my bluetooth connects straight away. The second  issue is even though I'm connected to a wifi source home or mobile, when I try connecting to say e-store or looking at the weather for instance it fails and I get "an error has occurred. try again. code: 4122" but even trying again I have no luck, worked fine the first couple of days but now nothing. Any ideas........

Ive just got a RAV 4 2021 and having the same problem , Did you manage to get it resolved if so do you have any pointers 

thanks,mark.

• 2 months later...

The same issue is with me. I have Toyota Corolla 2019. Not downloading when the car is connected  to my iPhone hotspot. I need to input password and connect every time I connect