Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

"Check sonar system"

atka369

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with one of my 4 genuine parking sensors on my Auris. First of all, if I activate the parking assist in my car, it writes:
"CHECK SONAR SYSTEM"

image.thumb.png.9fafe52603955ea8d21c8c63a0fcca8b.png

After that, I have checked all the sensors one-by-one, and one of them doesn't give that ticking sound from close.

What do you think, if I'll change that one sensor, should the whole parking system working, or is there something more, I should know, before investing in a sensor only. Maybe some ECU box or something? Oh and my car has an IPA, but it writes only: "check IPA" I suppose, without a working parking assist, of course it will not work.

I have a basic experience and patience to repair things by myself, but right now I need more info, how to start to investigating a problem, and if it is enough to change a sensor and voilá.

Thank you very much!

• 8 months later...

Did you find out the reason for the error? I have the same issue. It began some while after the car was washed and during winter, some -20 deg C or so. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links