Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior lights upgrade

Rocks703

Brought an LED interior light upgrade kit. Most were easy to replace, only awkward ones were in the upper front console. The whole unit has to be levered out, unplugged then disassembled, in order to fit the LED plate. But it's worth it, now the cabin lights up, previous lights gave off about the same as a hot nail.

20200721_152617.jpg

20200720_154232.jpg

20200721_151946.jpg

20200721_152020.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I did the same a few months ago but you’ve made me realise that I forgot the vanity mirror lights!

Happy to help 👍🏻

• Haha 1

I have recently, very nervously fitted LEDs to the puddle lights. I was convinced I was going to break something, but got away with it. I can't understand why the RAV4, a more recent vehicle, doesn't have the LEDs with a built in image like the CHR. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Andy, thanks for your reply, I have plastic levers, does the unit remove ok with a bit of persuasion. This one looks like a twitchy bottom moment!

Hello TerryMO2, it does take some leverage. I was unsure too. This video really helped

• 1 month later...

This is exactly how to gain access to the front ceiling lights. My Rav4 2020 limited hybrid works the same. LED lights now make a world of difference. Why did Toyota not go with brighter LEDs?

Edited by John Leslie Wright
More to add

I think there are different types of overhead console, maybe dependant on model or market location - so anyone attempting this be careful which type you have.

I have fitted LEDs on my 2019 Excel Premium, and the overhead unit came apart very differently.

I just removed the edge / cover trim, leaving the lighting units and all the switches in place, unfortunately I did not take any photos, but I did find a different U Tube video to explain the process.   

The lenses then remove, giving access to the "bulbs" from below.

Keep well

Paul

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade my interior bulbs on my 2013 Verso. Did you use Canbus LED bulbs or without Canbus?