Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Driving Analytics - Better Slow Down!

Rambler56

Just checking on my service history and clicked onto Driving Analytics.  Is everyone's data as far out as mine for maximum speed? Have you got an even higher speed on your graph, or does anyone's data reflect something nearer to reality?

image.thumb.png.14e496c6037ca9430d873c99f74d0adb.png

• Haha 1

That's a glitch in the app!  It is reading KPH as MPH hence the 126mph (unless you've been a naughty driver!)

The current version of the app seems to fix the issue as my average speed is now 26mph, down from 137mph!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duncerduncs said:

That's a glitch in the app!  It is reading KPH as MPH hence the 126mph (unless you've been a naughty driver!)

The current version of the app seems to fix the issue as my average speed is now 26mph, down from 137mph!!!

The phone app data is fine, the analytics above are from the web site which has yet to be updated.

• 1 month later...

How do you sync the car data to the phone app/website? Thanks

8 hours ago, HybridLover said:

How do you sync the car data to the phone app/website? Thanks

You need a 'My Toyota' account set up for you and your vehicle in the first instance (my dealer set the account up when I purchased the car).  When I sign in at Toyota.co.uk and select 'My Vehicles' and double click the car icon (showing my VIN number) it takes me to a screen which includes the driver analytics icon.  The phone app 'MyT' asks for the same login details as you use for the website account and gives you access to various data including driver analytics/score. 

image.thumb.png.4e0f66249438eee79e2f14d3dad1d5c3.png

*The car VIN number appears here*

image.thumb.png.e6f96abae9fd56333d21658de7cf92f3.png

• Thanks 2

It may have improved now, but when I first  wanted to use My T, I collected the car in May 2019 and it took until September to "Activate" my car. The dealer had multiple calls and Emails with Toyota, and eventually Toyota rang me and activated the car over the phone. Hopefully, the process is smoother now.

Yeah it was a pain at first. I had to call my dealer and they sorted it out over the phone.

5 hours ago, Timmon said:

It may have improved now, but when I first  wanted to use My T, I collected the car in May 2019 and it took until September to "Activate" my car. The dealer had multiple calls and Emails with Toyota, and eventually Toyota rang me and activated the car over the phone. Hopefully, the process is smoother now.

Seems to be smoother in my experience. It seems to depend on the individuals you deal with at the various dealerships, not all appear to be clued up on what they should be doing/saying.  Other dealer marques are not blameless either given some of the duff information you can occasionally get, or hear about! My experience with the dealer staff was very good and the account was set up between ordering and delivery.  I had actually already researched about the account/app and had it on my list of questions to double check if it was in place or if I needed to trigger anything before collection, the sales guy confirmed he had already done it.

Had my car six months, still do not have this activation done.  Gave up trying.

is it worth the effort? 

Set up by dealer while sat in the car for delivery handover. It took no more than 5 minutes. It was less time than it took to master the kick to open the the tailgate. 

16 minutes ago, superclarkey said:

Had my car six months, still do not have this activation done.  Gave up trying.

is it worth the effort? 

Personally, just having access to my online service history on the website makes it worth it to me, but not really bothered about the other stuff as it's mainly non-essential at the end of the day.  Yes, I've set reminders, used the route planner to send additional trips to my sat nav, and it gives you the ability to change a few settings remotely, but most can be done sat in the car.

image.thumb.png.2a2bded8e58f9aeb7258e7d51268efae.png

3 minutes ago, Ian.S said:

Set up by dealer while sat in the car for delivery handover. It took no more than 5 minutes. It was less time than it took to master the kick to open the the tailgate. 

Dealer told us we had to contact Toyota directly and never got a reply.  So gave up asking the dealership. Still don’t know what the app really does lol...

3 minutes ago, superclarkey said:

Dealer told us we had to contact Toyota directly and never got a reply.  So gave up asking the dealership. Still don’t know what the app really does lol...

If your local dealer is hopeless and unhelpful contact another Toyota dealer/service department that knows what they are doing (I used Hodgson at Silverlinks Newcastle).