Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T27 2010 Estate Tailgate Button?

Northwichavensis

Hi all, 

Having a slight issue wherein my tailgate/boot button doesn’t seem to fully actuate with one single press (and release). The boot kind-of unlocks and you have to click the button once or twice more to fully disengage the lock and open the boot. 

if I hold the button as I open, it’s fine, like a single actuation isn’t enough. 

I recently replaced the lock mechanism with a brand new Toyota dealer part and had the issue before and now. 

Is it the solenoid? I’m struggling to find any solenoids online, can anyone help? 

regards

Alex 

If the release is working, the solenoid is fine. It could need adjustment or lubricating. I have a slightly older in age (2009) Tourer, so will check the operation. I am sure I have to press the button to release the door, but on the odd occasion lift the tailgate with the button pressed. I will silicone grease the mechanism.  

Checked my tailgate and you have to hold the button until clear of the catch. Once clear you release the button and can open the tailgate fully.