Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hesitation in third

scannerman

I have a  2010 1.3 Yaris2 with 100K miles. Car starts and runs perfectly apart from accelerating from a slow speed in third, this causes an engine hesitation and splutter for a second or so, then off it goes as normal. Anyone had a similar experience or any ideas.

What happens if you was to change down to 2nd and do the same?

31 minutes ago, stantheman1 said:

What happens if you was to change down to 2nd and do the same?

No problem doing this. I have some open corners/bends that can be taken slowly in third. previously the car would just smoothly accelerate away but not now.

If this is the 1.33L then try resetting the ECU by disconnecting the Battery negative lead for 15 minutes. Do this with the engine cold. When you reconnect it and then start the engine let it idle for a couple of minutes before driving. It will take several miles of normal driving to re-learn the basic parameters and settings and so don't be surprised if things like idle speed seem erratic or fluctuating. 

• 1 month later...

Took a bit of time to sort this one, learnt some lessons too. A couple of thousand miles ago my car reached 100K miles so serviced it but this time replacing the plugs although the original Iridium plugs weren't showing any problem, 100K Mls on these plugs seemed enough. Sourced a new set on Amazon as they seemed good value as I had been quoted £60 for a set elsewhere, as you can see by the photo, you get what you pay for. The tip has been burnt away in 2K Mls. So off to a Motor Factor that supplys local garages, they supplied me with a set of Bosch Iridiums for £40, lets hope these are genuine and last. Car now runs perfectly. Thanks for the replys guys

IMG_0257.thumb.jpg.4cde8de712eb9c1c918fab58d1a6e230.jpg

They don't  good. These were mine after 60k together with new ones from Mr T

You will drive a bus through that gap, plugs are £7-10 a piece on average, you need to watch eBay and Amazon some sellers, sell off the b grade stock as new, i had this issue with Bosch wipers from Jersey based seller