E6EA3CA2-9148-4279-8518-644DA23733D8.jpeg

Looks good, Thank you 🙏 

• Like 1

Nice, looks properly prepped for a holiday! :laugh: 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Nice, looks properly prepped for a holiday! :laugh: 

Just a day out to the Monsal Trail! 

it’s a 5min job to fit the bars & bike carriers (which I leave as a single piece all fixed together in garage loft). 

A reason why I’m glad I got an estate rather than an SUV - I can lift the bikes onto the roof easily on the Corolla TS 

• Like 1

Its a shame you can’t fit them to the hatchback with moon roof I bought some for mine genuine Toyota asked supplier if suitable they said yes but upon opening box instructions said to not fit with moon roof.

1 hour ago, Rosgoe said:

Its a shame you can’t fit them to the hatchback with moon roof I bought some for mine genuine Toyota asked supplier if suitable they said yes but upon opening box instructions said to not fit with moon roof.

The towbar kit is about half what VW charge and is the easiest option of all for mounting a cycle carrier IMO. But I would say that, because that's what I use 😂 Also no issue when the car park has a crossbar to keep large vans out.

I would have to agree, although I have roof bars and roof bike carriers I also had detachable vertical towbar fitted to my TS and have rear bike carrier. I have used both systems over the years and would definitely agree the towbar is easier for loading and unloading bikes, just initial expense is painful.

11 hours ago, Rosgoe said:

oh crap, is it just the hatchback with the moonroof? 

Really hope TS with the moonroof can accommodate these

ok answering my own question if someone searches for this in the future, found this picture, so I'd imagine roof bars are ok with moonroof toyota-corolla-touring-sports-2019-galle

59 minutes ago, RzrAzr said:

oh crap, is it just the hatchback with the moonroof? 

Really hope TS with the moonroof can accommodate these

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RzrAzr said:

ok answering my own question if someone searches for this in the future, found this picture, so I'd imagine roof bars are ok with moonroof toyota-corolla-touring-sports-2019-galle

Yes I think they are fine with the T/S as they attach to the roof rails but on the hatchback with the moonroof they attach to the roof on the edge of the moon roof .

I assume it’s because if you were to open the roof it would interfere with the brackets unless it’s a strength thing.

19 hours ago, Red_Corolla said:

The towbar kit is about half what VW charge and is the easiest option of all for mounting a cycle carrier IMO. But I would say that, because that's what I use 😂 Also no issue when the car park has a crossbar to keep large vans out.

The detachable toe bar is my next project to get done in the spring to use as a bike rack or to take a  luggage box , toyota gave me a quote when i bought it but its a bit cheeper elsewhere.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tristan. S said:

The detachable toe bar is my next project to get done in the spring to use as a bike rack or to take a  luggage box , toyota gave me a quote when i bought it but its a bit cheeper elsewhere.  

I considered a Skoda Octavia before I bought the Corolla and the factory towbar kit for that car was just shy of a grand! If put me off quite significantly, I hate specifying expensive factory options because they add absolutely nothing in terms of the residual value. But I do like having the towbar as part of the original build so that the wiring is nicely integrated.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Can somebody please take picture of their original toyota (thule) roof bars? I would like to see, what type they are, how they look like.

Thank you!

On 8/3/2020 at 3:47 PM, Rivorian said:

Oh, good to know, thanks!

One thing that has bothered me since I bought the Thule ones. Do the original roof bars have 2 dots on the inner part of the mounting brackets? There's 2 holes on the rails of the roof on each 4 corners (total 8 holes). Are these used for the roof bars? 

Right now when I load my Kayak on them and adjust it, the roof bars actually rotate a bit when moved and this is not very much to my liking even though they are tightened and nothing has happened during this 1 year of ownership, but it bothers me a bit...

Yes, mine are supplied by Toyota (talked the dealer into throwing them for free) and they have two little studs that go into those holes. Didn’t notice them at first because I wanted to slide them a little to the back but realized that wasn’t how they were designed and rightfully so because they stay dead in their place.

6 hours ago, clix said:

Can somebody please take picture of their original toyota (thule) roof bars? I would like to see, what type they are, how they look like.

Thank you!

There you go

10E1A409-DD97-4E22-989D-930799B29D65.jpeg

44 minutes ago, RzrAzr said:

There you go

10E1A409-DD97-4E22-989D-930799B29D65.jpeg

Thank you.

In general, are you happy with them? 🙂

On 4/19/2022 at 10:58 PM, clix said:

Thank you.

In general, are you happy with them? 🙂

Yeah, I've had these bars on my FJ cruiser and then on the Forester. They do generate a bit of wind noise but I don't mind. Works perfectly with my Yakima roof carrier to carry my mountain bike , just put a piece of large cloth when mounting/taking off the carrier not to bash the pan roof 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone I have a Thule roofbar with Thule 753 footpack wich come from my old car, and I believe its same as toyota rebounded for corolla touring, but I need fitting kits, can someone who got original corolla touring roofbars give their fitting kits please. Many thanks

I mean the fitting kits number for foot pack 753 or original toyota corolla touring

Just ordered PW301-02003 for the Swace. Is it easy to install?

• 1 year later...

A friend has a 2000 Corolla and would like to get a Roof Rack. Thule don’t offer an option. Anyone know of a make that will provide a solution. Looking for roof rails that provide flexibility. TIA Peter

24 minutes ago, Withavee said:

Looking for roof rails that provide flexibility.

So presumably they are looking for a Roof Rack or roof bars.

Roof rails are longitudinal mounted, and often factory fitted.

Roof bars fit onto the roof rails or, if no rails are in place, fit onto the roof via specific mounting points or onto the gutters.

• Like 1

This range from Paddy Hopkirk should fit. It may even be this exact variant on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225651497819?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338268676&toolid=10044&customid=CjwKCAjwqZSlBhBwEiwAfoZUIN1ix2dz13kJuXnBbXRp_Zr-znIQXvrVg3_beG7ZCe5xDVvrJD7QTRoCkIcQAvD_BwE

I have used these on our 2001 Corolla 5dr hatch (liftback) many years ago. 

I have a set in the garage, I'll see if they have a model number on them (tomorrow). 

The correct model just clamps on the gutters as is. There are no adaptors needed. 

• Like 1

You are indeed correct, they are looking for roof bars if they are available, though it may be that the solution available requires rails first.

I have just checked this.  I had tucked the original packing for our roof bars inside one of its feet: it is a Paddy Hopkirk 405 U.  I seem to remember that it was about £23 when new, from Halfords.

It's a simple design, made almost entirely of metal stampings and vinyl-covered steel square-section tubing.  It isn't remotely thief-proof - it fits with no tools at all!

I have a good idea that the item linked above, a 405 UL, is the same item with longer cross pieces.  That might be cut to size (with a hacksaw) quite easily to fit a Corolla, but I can't be certain.  The plastic tube end-cap would need pulling off first, but I think it's just a push-fit anyway, and not structural..

Note that It should come with some long, slim rubber feet (caps) to protect the paintwork of the roof guttering.  I would think these are easily lost when the unit is stored, as they can fall off when not in use...

I think the Corolla E11 was one of the last cars to still have this type of external rain guttering fitted, so this item isn't going to fit much (anything?) newer - it only fits to vehicles with external rain gutters.

HTH

• Like 1

Gerg, thanks so much for digging out this information, I will pass this on and I've sure the problem will be solved. Peter