Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Touring Sport Roof Bars

SR-Manuel

Has anyone here bought roof bars for the touring sport?  Either the official Toyota ones for other big brands?

@Parts-King Are you able to offer the official toyota ones?

Thanks

Also, does anyone know who makes the toyota ones?  Are they rebranded?

Parts-King works for Lindop Toyota, who are one of the club's sponsors - so should be able to offer the Toyota bars.

Send a pm to him detailing your car (reg.no as a minimum) and what you want.

For anyone else looking, they are a Thule rebrand.

• Thanks 1

That is strange. I was told it’s not Thule who makes them for Toyota. For Volvo for example, yes Thule makes it, but when I asked from dealership they told me that it’s not Thule

Especially as last year in august there was no kit for Corolla TS so the Thule shop I bought my Wingbar Evos from gave me Yaris or Auris ones until Thule had the kit ready which was in 1 month. Also I have understanding that the original ones have 2 dots on the mounts to fit to the roof rails which Thule kit does not have and this worries me a bit when hauling my 40kg tandem Kayak....

On the Corolla catalogue I have the roof bars look like Thule Evo WingBar.

They are more like traditional wingbars not the Evos. The main reason why I chose Thule Wingbar Evo was that these have new rubber strips on the roofbars which allows T-track accessories to be used without cutting the rubber strip. Older ones had rubber strip that in case You wanted to use accessories with T-rack mounts, You had to measure and cut suitable parts of the rubber and if in the future You’d need whole strip then You have to buy new rubber strips. One rubber strip was like 20€ so 40€ for rubber strips was rubbish.

You're probably right. The picture in the catalogue is so small that I can't tell the difference. But it looks that all this accessories are made by Thule and the price is similar too, at least the official price.

I mean these could be Thule ones, but I was informed by the dealership that Thule doesn't make these, but I am also a bit confused as the dealerships offer Thule roof boxes etc as these are pictured on official Toyota accesssories as well.

You can't go wrong with Thule though. 🙂

Not sure who makes these bars to be honest, Thule make a lot on behalf of Toyota, it would not surprise me. PM me for prices, UK delivery only

Kingo 👍

They are a Thule rebrand. I bought the Toyota original ones for the Touring sports, and on the inside of the covers says "Thule 😁". 

Oh, good to know, thanks!

One thing that has bothered me since I bought the Thule ones. Do the original roof bars have 2 dots on the inner part of the mounting brackets? There's 2 holes on the rails of the roof on each 4 corners (total 8 holes). Are these used for the roof bars? 

Right now when I load my Kayak on them and adjust it, the roof bars actually rotate a bit when moved and this is not very much to my liking even though they are tightened and nothing has happened during this 1 year of ownership, but it bothers me a bit...

On 8/3/2020 at 11:52 AM, Rickrsh said:

They are a Thule rebrand. I bought the Toyota original ones for the Touring sports, and on the inside of the covers says "Thule 😁". 

Exactly and it has the Thule part number on it too!

What's more buy them from @Parts-King and they are cheaper than the actual Thule ones!

On 8/3/2020 at 2:47 PM, Rivorian said:

Oh, good to know, thanks!

One thing that has bothered me since I bought the Thule ones. Do the original roof bars have 2 dots on the inner part of the mounting brackets? There's 2 holes on the rails of the roof on each 4 corners (total 8 holes). Are these used for the roof bars? 

Right now when I load my Kayak on them and adjust it, the roof bars actually rotate a bit when moved and this is not very much to my liking even though they are tightened and nothing has happened during this 1 year of ownership, but it bothers me a bit...

Yes, there are little rubber lugs on the foot pack that fit into the dots. For info the official foot packs are Thule 753.

Very strange. I have these ones, but no dots on the side.

• 1 year later...

First of many questions...

I have a corrola estate 20 plate, i need roof bars and have looked on the toyota site, but they don't give much information.  I much prefer ones with good aerodynamics mainly for noise reduction.  I spoke to my local dealer who dont have any for me to look at as i also want to check the dimensions of the bar to ensure they would work with my current equipment.  Does anyone here have these bars or what alternatives are best. Not sure if other branded one will have the studs that go into the holes on the rails.

I haven't bought any for mine yet, but I would be looking at either OEM or Thule. They usually make good products.

https://www.driveden.com/product/thule-wingbar-edge-silver-aluminium-roof-bars-to-fit-toyota-corolla-touring-sports-2019-2021-clos-7409

• Like 1

Toyota OEM are nearly always made by Thule, they are a quality product to be fair, very aerodynamic, if bought from Toyota them come complete, you don't have to buy fitting kits or feet kits for them

• Like 1

Yup. negotiated bars into my order and they really looked like Thule WingBar. However the feet were different from the link posted by Red_Corolla and was more of a universal one. Couple of years ago negotiated bars at a Subaru dealer and those were Subaru branded WingBars too. 

2 hours ago, Parts-King said:

Toyota OEM are nearly always made by Thule, they are a quality product to be fair, very aerodynamic, if bought from Toyota them come complete, you don't have to buy fitting kits or feet kits for them

• Like 1

I’ve got the Cruz ones from roof box.co.uk. They are the aero bars, and are really quiet. Easy to fit too

• Like 1

I've got Yakima whispbars roof bars also from roofbox. They are apparently quietest on the market and the are pretty nice looking for a roof bar.

11 hours ago, pmf said:

I've got Yakima whispbars roof bars also from roofbox. They are apparently quietest on the market and the are pretty nice looking for a roof bar.

I had whispbars on my last car ,did look neat and are very quiet but the wing is too wide for the attachment brakets i have, using the t- bolts is really awkward . Thats why I'm trying to find dimensions of the ones sold by toyota .

It would be nice if Corolla owners with roof bars take some pictures and share with us here how they fit the car and how they look in general, just my thoughts.

Thanks 👌👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

It would be nice if Corolla owners with roof bars take some pictures and share with us here how they fit the car and how they look in general, just my thoughts.

Thanks 👌👍

Here’s a photo of mine with bars & bike carrier on 

E6EA3CA2-9148-4279-8518-644DA23733D8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1