Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Under bonnet cover

Chriss27

Hi just had a new bonnet fitted due to slight accident damage but should there not be a cover underneath? If so what is it’s official name. I have added a picture of mine. Does anyone have a pic of what it should look like ?thanks

A2D57849-02BF-4319-9977-29D51D8DAF75.jpeg

I guess it depends if you had it done through a third party, if you had it done at a Toyo dealership maybe go back and ask for it, if not its called sound damping or sound proofing material.

Looking on reddit a few people don't have it in their models from 2016 - 2019 it may be due to it being a hybrid I'm not sure, in case you want to look for them or order some I've found some here. It also maybe called hood insulation.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000521378416.html 

Hope it helps

Remi.

Hi Remi thanks mine is a hybrid and a 69 reg and positive it was there, it wasnt fixed by Toyota as went to Body shop as advised by insurance 

hmm they would probably charge an arm and a leg, but im sure they can source it as its a new model, or you could always look for a scrappy that has one or maybe even copart would sell the odd piece? 

• Like 1

My point is it they should have refitted the previous one if it was there on the original bonnet so I am trying to establish 100% if there was one out of factory as a standard fit before I approach the garage. 

oh I see okay mate, I'll do some digging as well to check.

Edit: it looks to me as if they all do, I read on another forum some corollas (older generations) only have them in certain markets, JDM, USA. But I don't think that applies anymore.

Ok thanks if someone has a picture of their own U.K. hybrid under bonnet would be appreciated 

• Like 1

hopefully this gets bumped through all the replies, maybe its worth looking for a UK hybrid review they sometimes show under bonnet images which may show it in?

If it was an insurance claim, the car should have been put back to it's original spec - so I'd contact the insurer.

• Thanks 1

On UK spec Corolla only the 2.0 has a bonnet pad and it was deleted from all 1.8 from Nov 2019 build

Mines a June 2019 1.8 and never had one.

33 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

On UK spec Corolla only the 2.0 has a bonnet pad and it was deleted from all 1.8 from Nov 2019 build

Mine is U.K. 1.8 design model registered September 19 

40 minutes ago, SR-Manuel said:

Mines a June 2019 1.8 and never had one.

Please update your profile to include the Corolla.

I have the stye model which is the equivalent to the design model in the UK or at least are similar models and i don't have an under bonnet cover. If it makes the engine sound quieter then i would be interested in buying one as well, would it be difficult to install?

I have the stye model which is the equivalent to the design model in the UK or at least are similar models and i don't have an under bonnet cover. If it makes the engine sound quieter then i would be interested in buying one as well, would it be difficult to install?
I'm sure they just use retaining clips, if the one I linked from Ali express doesn't fit you can buy self adhesive squares of the stuff and cut it to shape your bonnet.

Hope that helps a little :)

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Devon the garage say they spoke to Toyota who says it’s not a standard fit on my car as it’s a hybrid. I am positive mine had one is there anything I can go back to the garage with.

uodate I am waiting for a call back from Toyota technical team

Saloon models in U.K. doesn’t have one, And perhaps entry level hatchback and estates, shame really as this is actually make quieter drive. Every single bit of insulation makes difference plus if it was on the car originally they should have fitted one when repaired. 👍

5 hours ago, Chriss27 said:

Devon the garage say they spoke to Toyota who says it’s not a standard fit on my car as it’s a hybrid. I am positive mine had one is there anything I can go back to the garage with.

uodate I am waiting for a call back from Toyota technical team

PM your chassis number and I can check

After all that I was wrong no bonnet pad

On 7/26/2020 at 7:18 PM, Chriss27 said:

Hi just had a new bonnet fitted due to slight accident damage but should there not be a cover underneath? If so what is it’s official name. I have added a picture of mine. Does anyone have a pic of what it should look like ?thanks

A2D57849-02BF-4319-9977-29D51D8DAF75.jpeg

Hi there, 

I used to work in a Toyota dealership and I can confirm that in the UK only the 2.0 has under bonnet soundproofing and the 1.8 does not. Don’t know why. 

hope this helps. 

ian 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links