Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Auris 1.33 TR electrical problem

Hamzah

Hi guys

I have a 2010 auris 1.33 tr 

The issue is when the car is switched off and key is removed the electrics such as the indicator and AC remain on and i cannot use the central locking. When trying to lock with the key it results in the radiator fan turning on and remaining on. The brake lights do not work at all also (including third). 

I have checked the Battery, alternator, fuses and tried the spare key. No luck. Even tried replacing the brake switch but there is no current going to the switch. 

Any advice as cant find anything online

Thanks

Mmmh

You might need to visit an electrician to check the entire electrical system as there might be a short on it.

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk

Has it been jump started recently or the engine bay cleaned ? you may have a few unrelated issues

Is there power to the stop fuse ? (internal fuse box)

That does all sound very very strange tbh. 

Is this a car that has worked normally and suddenly failed like this or have we some unknown history?

Is it 100% standard or has it has aftermarket work done adding accessories and gadgets to the electrical system.

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

Has it been jump started recently or the engine bay cleaned ? you may have a few unrelated issues

Is there power to the stop fuse ? (internal fuse box)

There is power to the stop fuse but a few weeks ago it did have a start problem where it would not turn or even crank. Tested the current starter motor which was perfect and for peace of mind tried other motors but would not start. The only way to start the car was by a push start. Once started it was fine but when turned off it would not restart. All the electrics were fine also. 

Out of the blue it starts fine again. I suspect thats where its electrical issues began

Now it just has the above issues

24 minutes ago, Mooly said:

That does all sound very very strange tbh. 

Is this a car that has worked normally and suddenly failed like this or have we some unknown history?

Is it 100% standard or has it has aftermarket work done adding accessories and gadgets to the electrical system.

Completely standard not mods or accessories added. Just a no crank starting issue which went away out of the blue 

5 hours ago, Hamzah said:

Completely standard not mods or accessories added. Just a no crank starting issue which went away out of the blue 

It is a very odd problem then having so many seemingly unrelated issues. Could a bad earth point somewhere do this I wonder? Also and just for elimination I think I would do a Battery disconnect for a few minutes to reset all the electronic systems and then see whether the problem is still there or not.

Doing as flash22 suggests and checking the Battery voltage is also well up the initial checklist. You should see around 12.3 volts (or higher) and then with the ignition on it will fall a little but should still be over around 12.1 volts. Many will think those levels are low and suggest a failed/failing Battery but they do not. 

If the fault still remains then you have a more deep seated issue and one that will require hands on diagnostics.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links