Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Icon Tech Sport display queries

M Pidd

I’m struggling to fInd a way to blank the screen for a while, until I want to use the satnav, rather than having the map display visible. Please can anyone suggest a way to do this?

Also I think the displays seem to be showing file consumption in MPG. When I filled up and calculated the actual MPG, it was near enough three quarters of that shown on the displays. Is there any way to change this?

Thanks

MP

I'm presuming that you don't want to use the 'off' button?

As for the fuel consumption displays; I find them a bit confusing, but have settled for showing average fuel for the journey in the 'home' screen of the infotainment system.  It shows between 67 and 75MPG for most of my trips, but I really only use it to compare journeys rather than believe the figures. Tank topping shows mpg in the high 50s. Check how much your speedo overreads (it will be +4 to 6mph) using GPS (TomTom or smartphone app). This is very helpful for making progress in 50mph limits!

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/27/2020 at 5:20 PM, RabButler said:

Check how much your speedo overreads (it will be +4 to 6mph) using GPS (TomTom or smartphone app). This is very helpful for making progress in 50mph limits!

Really, does your 1.8 speedo read that high? that's about 10%. So effectlively in a 50 zone you could do an indicated 62 and probably not get a ticket: 50 + 10% + 2 = 57mph "allowed" by police + 4-6mph speedo over read.

Most of the modern cars I've driven recently over read by max 5%.

Hi all my past Toyota's have read 10% over so when showing 50 mph you are really doing 45 so in order to do 50 you will be showing 55 the police do not have to "allow" any leeway so I would not count on that I your calculation you have allowed for the 10% over read  then 4-6 mph over read are they not the same