Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 1.4D4D vibration

sean61

I've just purchased a 2011 Auris van after having a 2005 Corolla van for around 5 years. 

It has 160k on the clock so it's got the odd scuff and scrape but otherwise is a fairly good state.

One thing I didn't notice so much on the test drive though is a vibration at about 1800 - 2000 rpm under load. It's most noticeable in 4th, 5th and 6th gear.

It doesn't seem to be present if you rev the car when stationery. I tried to "shake" the engine to check the mounts but found no movement at all. Then I was thinking the dual mass flywheel could be on the way out but I don't believe these models are fitted with one?

Any idea what this might be or where to start looking?

Hi, I think they are fitted with dmf, anyway if the vibrations are at speeds good idea to check wheels, tyres, wheel bearings and most importantly brake callipers. You said that they comes under load in this case likely to be inner CV joints, those worth checking too. 
Good luck 

• 2 years later...

This kind of problem appears at high mileage engines due to the wear, more miles on the clock, more vibrations of car.

8 hours ago, tavy said:

This kind of problem appears at high mileage engines due to the wear, more miles on the clock, more vibrations of car.

I had bad vibrations on 3 years old Auris diesel 1.4 with only 22k miles. No obvious reason, visual inspection done, Tyre balance and wheels checked, engine mounts checked, suspension checked, absolutely nothing. I couldn’t bother and returned the car. Auris /Avensis tend to suffer from this lines and to date no one has found exact reason. , perhaps most people just gave up and sold the cars passing existing problems to the next owner. 

• Like 1

On 7/31/2020 at 1:51 PM, sean61 said:

I've just purchased a 2011 Auris van after having a 2005 Corolla van for around 5 years. 

It has 160k on the clock so it's got the odd scuff and scrape but otherwise is a fairly good state.

One thing I didn't notice so much on the test drive though is a vibration at about 1800 - 2000 rpm under load. It's most noticeable in 4th, 5th and 6th gear.

It doesn't seem to be present if you rev the car when stationery. I tried to "shake" the engine to check the mounts but found no movement at all. Then I was thinking the dual mass flywheel could be on the way out but I don't believe these models are fitted with one?

Any idea what this might be or where to start looking?

I remember that when I test drove a 1.4 D4D Auris with a six speed manual transmission. One of the reasons I opted for an older 5 speed manual. The Toyota mechanic I talked to about it told me it wasn't a defect... It's just the way it is.

If that is your only complaint, live with it.

• 1 year later...

Similar vibration between 1900-2200 rpm when accelerating in 4,5,6 gears, I fitted clutch and customer complains of this after a couple of weeks ? 
  So checked the following all checked all nuts bolts mounts, checked wheel balancing no joy . So put autos on two post ramp switched if stability control ram auris up to rpm to mimic driving vibration 

removed passenger driveshaft no vibration, removed inner driveshaft cup and installed back into gearbox and ran up again, no vibration. Have ordered new driveshaft I’ll let you know 

Good to know that someone's on it. I too am curious about it.

However, I believe that normal wear and tear, combined with the fact that those cars that produce a bit more torque than the 5 speed ones (205/210 Nm) without a DMF, is the true cause.

When the car is new, no vibration. As times goes by, vibration appears. More torque without DMF, more wear, more play on many components.

It's what I think. May be wrong. But it seems the brand does not care.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hello, I had the same problem with my Toyota Auris 2014, 108,000 km, after changing the clutch, everything disappeared, the clutch springs loosen, and under load 1800-2000 rpm there is a vibration in the car compartment, when you release the acceleration, the vibration disappears. This is from the clutch for sure tried and after changing the clutch I forgot about this problem. This is when this vibration is from 1800 to 2000 rpm only under load at 4,5,6 speeds ... On a flat road it is not felt. I replaced the clutch with an Aisin brand and forgot about all the problems...Good luck

Edited by Krasimir DODEV
  • Like 3

Well, it seems the problem has been identified with a solution. Satisfied my curiosity and will help a lot of people with the same problem. Thanks.

• Like 2

This is the very truth and this is the solution to the problem, unfortunately many mechanics cannot find this problem, even I was told by Toyota France that the car does not have any problem, but after a persistent search on the forums and contacting mechanics I realized that it could be from this is the problem after I changed it I forgot about all the problems because of this and the video so that other people can participate in this forum who have the same problems so that they can deal with it, it's a pleasure for me to help

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links