Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mystery Slot in Corolla Hybrid GR Sport 2L

Louie

Hi Guys

Today i found the first interesting full road test of a 2l Corolla Hybrid GR2  Sport on an Irish Youtube channel. The curious  thing is the tester stated that there was a slot for a key on the left hand side of the cover(see pic) for the gear change stick. The tester stated this key is for the  release the transmission if you have to ever push the vehicle. What is he talking about ??😯

IMG_2993.JPG

its a shift interlock, (usually releases when you put you foot on the brake) if you need to take the car out of park and it has no power or something doesn't work you pop the cap off and push down on the release to move the selector

• Like 4

Yup. A standard feature on all automatics.

Also very useful if you manage to drop your keys down the drain that you just so happen to be parked on top of! 🙃

• Haha 1

Louie, you really need to read the user manual!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RabButler said:

Louie, you really need to read the user manual!

Yeah it's a riveting read. Keeps you guessing right through to the end. Turns out it was done by some bloke called Servicing Interval and I think he was a serial killer because he did it at least once every year.

🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I hear that Toyota are waiting for George R R Martin to send in the final version!

I  hate long badly written obtuse  over complicated manuals where the index makes no sens, so generally i ignore them unless i get desperate then i talk to mr google having used a garbage filter in the first place. Its interesting than when you come across a problem the buzz word has vanished from the index.Its a pity that quick condensed instructions have simply vanished. I think its all to do with call the dealer so that you can visit him and he will drain some folding stuff from your wallet to make you feel better.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links