Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Dipping Interior Mirror

stevecrvn

After the success in fitting Cruise to my 2015 Yaris hybrid does anyone know if the wiring is in the headlining to connect a auto dipping mirror from a better spec Yaris ?

i believe its X wires, i can look it up shortly

I have this on my excel it's a very useful feature to have

2 wires. ign (sw live) and ground

P130 auto mirror.JPG

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, flash22 said:

P130 auto mirror.JPG

Bob Thanks that will be great

87810-0D080 (also fits the verso)

the cheapest one i can find

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2014-TOYOTA-YARIS-INTERIOR-REAR-VIEW-MIRROR-87810-0D080/133143535124?hash=item1efff91e14:g:tMsAAOSwY4pdVXTP

it connects up with a 5 pin connector

the small trim that goes over the top to hide the wires is 87818-33010

only thing i can't tell you are if the mounts are different

41 minutes ago, flash22 said:

87810-0D080 (also fits the verso)

the cheapest one i can find

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2014-TOYOTA-YARIS-INTERIOR-REAR-VIEW-MIRROR-87810-0D080/133143535124?hash=item1efff91e14:g:tMsAAOSwY4pdVXTP

it connects up with a 5 pin connector

the small trim that goes over the top to hide the wires is 87818-33010

only thing i can't tell you are if the mounts are different

Thanks for help , I will have a look at ordering one to try

I have found, that since the advent of retina searing headlights, the auto-dipping mirror in my Yaris is not very effective for them. I wish it had a manually operated mirror. You know like those from bygone days which worked perfectly well!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrpj said:

the auto-dipping mirror in my Yaris is not very effective for them. I wish it had a manually operated mirror.

Yes, I was going to post the same exact same point.

I occasionally drive an Auris without the dimming mirror, and sometimes one with the factory-fitted auto dimming mirror. 

It happens too often that a following car has badly adjusted headlights, even some brand new cars, (often a Mazda CX5, MINI, Qashqai etc.) , or has pointlessly, distractingly intense, daytime running LEDs (e.g. some Mercedes).  If it is not night time, I have no means to counter these via the auto mirror, which does not respond at all until the ambient light is darker still. 

I prefer the manual mirror.

• Like 2

Maybe because the Excel has rear tint its more effective, what about using the button in the middle to manual dim the mirror ?

Our Excel doesn't have rear tints.  Good job too, as I personally think they're a daft idea.

Our Fiat500 we used to have, had a far better rear-view auto-dipping mirror than ours in the Yaris Excel.  This one doesn't dip enough at all, and given the choice and the opportunity, I'd have swapped them over before buying the Excel.

Mick.

Each to their own, not had an issue with any of my cars that had factory tint

18 hours ago, flash22 said:

what about using the button in the middle to manual dim the mirror ?

Please explain Bob.

All there is in the middle is the power switch. A green on light to it's left and the light sensor to it's right.

i was thinking of a previous car that had a manual mode

Thanks all as mine does not have the rear tints only being a Icon hybrid sounds like I might be better sticking with my manumatic diiping mirror.

8 hours ago, flash22 said:

Each to their own, not had an issue with any of my cars that had factory tint

What are rear tinted windows actually for?

Rearview mirror automatically dimming with headlights behind is a brilliant idea.

Mick.

Privacy, reducing temperature inside the car, it reduces night time glare

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mick F said:

Rearview mirror automatically dimming with headlights behind is a brilliant idea.

Yes it is Mick. But, as I wrote, considerably less effective with the current fetish of ever increasing headlight output intensity!

• 2 years later...

Hi folks

I have not long purchased a Yaris 2012 TR 1.33 VVT-i, and I am trying to work out how to wire a Dash Cam as the car has side airbag curtains.  Does anyone know if there is wiring in the headlining for the auto dim interior mirror in this car, as I can use the power for this to power the Dash Cam via a 12V - 5V converter.  I've removed the interior light assembly, but I can't see anything obvious up there.  There are however 2 cut outs at the front leading edge of the headlining.

Best regards

James T

On 8/1/2020 at 12:24 PM, Gerg said:

Yes, I was going to post the same exact same point.

I occasionally drive an Auris without the dimming mirror, and sometimes one with the factory-fitted auto dimming mirror. 

It happens too often that a following car has badly adjusted headlights, even some brand new cars, (often a Mazda CX5, MINI, Qashqai etc.) , or has pointlessly, distractingly intense, daytime running LEDs (e.g. some Mercedes).  If it is not night time, I have no means to counter these via the auto mirror, which does not respond at all until the ambient light is darker still. 

I prefer the manual mirror.

Agreed, I get Mr Amazon in his Transit right up my tailpipe and there’s no way of dipping but if you get one of those computer camera sliding windows and position it over the light sensor you can slide it shut or part way shut and dim the dim driver out.   

• Like 1

On 7/31/2020 at 7:00 PM, flash22 said:

P130 auto mirror.JPG

Have you got the wiring diagram for that stoopid little interior light.  I’ve upgraded the bulbs to led which sorts the front but I’m determined to add something at the back.  It’s got a door and a permanent feed so I could do with a little look.   

• Like 1

I hate the auto dimming mirror so much! Why isn't there a button for me to manually force it to dim??? It's literally less functional than a normal mirror and I bet it costs a lot more! Less functionality for more money! How does that make sense??

1 minute ago, Cyker said:

I hate the auto dimming mirror so much! Why isn't there a button for me to manually force it to dim??? It's literally less functional than a normal mirror and I bet it costs a lot more! Less functionality for more money! How does that make sense??

Get one of those slidey jobs off Amazon.  Only a few quid and it works a treat.  My bog standard Yaris luckily had a steering wheel and opening doors but it did have the manual mirror which I was quite content with.  It even had a key which I’ve not had for about 15 years!!!

14852478-89AB-465B-8282-0A5D99D63BF7.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

Have you got the wiring diagram for that stoopid little interior light.  I’ve upgraded the bulbs to led which sorts the front but I’m determined to add something at the back.  It’s got a door and a permanent feed so I could do with a little look.   

I don't have much info on the newer cars, but it's not simple as it's all controlled by the B-ecu (BCM) the door switches all go into the B-ecu it then outputs to the lights

a rear light usually comes off after the switch in the interior light

903520915_210interiorlight.thumb.jpg.9fa4d97b31cb4dfc5f05081fcf24c4eb.jpg

Interior light - 81260-K0060

rear INT light from a C-HR

Room lamp assy - 81240-02080 - they come in black, grey or light grey

eg. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394371821346

16 hours ago, James T said:

Hi folks

I have not long purchased a Yaris 2012 TR 1.33 VVT-i, and I am trying to work out how to wire a Dash Cam as the car has side airbag curtains.  Does anyone know if there is wiring in the headlining for the auto dim interior mirror in this car, as I can use the power for this to power the Dash Cam via a 12V - 5V converter.  I've removed the interior light assembly, but I can't see anything obvious up there.  There are however 2 cut outs at the front leading edge of the headlining.

Best regards

James T

just run it across the headlining and down the A pillar to the fuse box

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, flash22 said:

I don't have much info on the newer cars, but it's not simple as it's all controlled by the B-ecu (BCM) the door switches all go into the B-ecu it then outputs to the lights

a rear light usually comes off after the switch in the interior light

903520915_210interiorlight.thumb.jpg.9fa4d97b31cb4dfc5f05081fcf24c4eb.jpg

Interior light - 81260-K0060

rear INT light from a C-HR

Room lamp assy - 81240-02080 - they come in black, grey or light grey

eg. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394371821346

just run it across the headlining and down the A pillar to the fuse box

Thanks for looking Bob.  That’s not quite the same because the two lights of the map light are also the room light so I guess there’s a PCB with diodes.  I’ll go on the Techdoc and have a look when I get chance.  👍

• Like 1