Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mobile Phone - Wireless Charging

rogersp

Hi

Yes I should have enquired when I bought my TS.

Has anyone retrofitted a, flat pad, wireless charger to their Corolla? Tried browsing the net for a geniune Toyota Accessory but an after market one would surfice although there appears to be some rubbish around that give reliability problems.

Thanks for any opinions/feedback

Thanks Bob, looks interesting.

As car is in warranty I think I'll inquire with Mr T tomorrow

There is one on AliExpress that gives you a wireless charge as well as a usb charger looks pretty straightforward fit 

Not sure if it will fit rhd cars plus I can't use it with Android auto 

£51.01  28%OFF | Car Qi Wireless Charger for Toyota Corolla 2019 2020 Mobile Phone Fast Charging Pad Holder
https://a.aliexpress.com/_BOZi0H

£69.80 | Wireless Charger QC3.0 Quickcharge USB Type-C Plug & Play Wireless Charging For 2019-2020 Toyota Corolla  Levin
https://a.aliexpress.com/_BfiYILGM

Don't bother with these wireless chargers.

They are so outdated (probably only 5-7 Watts), that cannot really charge modern smartphone with their big batteries. For example iPhone 11 Pro Max takes only around 10% per hour.

So imagine how long you need to keep your car running and the phone on the pad, to recharge sufficient amount of energy,,,

PS. I am talking about the original wireless charges that auto makers put in the cars.

• Thanks 1

My Prius has a charging pad built in, dont use it because I keep my phone, now a Google Pixel (great phone) in a case and cant be bothered to take it out of its case even to see if the charging unit will charge it. Phone left in its case in a cradle connected to a USB point. Its a slow charge for a modern phone that comes with an 18w charger, meaning it will fully charge in couple hours. Lots of the newer phones have 18w (or similar) chargers these days.  Even if a car charging point only keeps the same charge you had at the beginning of the journey at the end thats some result. But technology is moving so fast I wouldnt be paying extra for a charging pad, even for £200 (CH-R) you get an arm rest as well.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hi All

Im looking for a charging pad, already order one from us but realised on the new parts no place for my seat heater button

Also check the oem part which is 500 dollar

Is any one solved this issue?

Kind regards,

Kristof  

There is a tray

prob easiest to buy a slim low profile worries charger and leave it placed in the tray

I just spent a fiver on a short USB cable with a right angled plug so that it doesn't stick out of the dashboard obtrusively. Happy to settle for a neat cable, I like the charging efficiency and reliable data connection when using carplay etc.

• Like 3