Do Not Sell My Personal Information

P0 codes

Yasslos

Hey,

Today after I scan my Toyota Avensis T22, I got this codes (please see the pic).

Do I have to change the oxygen( lambda) sensor to fix the problem.

What the bleu flower means in techstream? 😊

Any help will be appreciated.👍

IMG_20200803_180703.jpg

Hi

Out of interest regarding Toyota TechStream, how much is the subscription and do you find that it's a useful piece of equipment/software to own? 

Regards

I have had these come up on mine in the past, it wasn't quite the same P0 code and I'm sorry but I can't remember which one it was but in the end I replaced both front o2 sensors (btw, I have an 02 T22 1.8 vvt-i 1ZZ-FE) but I found with my rear lambda/O2 sensor one or maybe two of, I can't remember now, the four wires to the sensor were severed, mostly by wear and corrosion.

I cut them all back 2 or 3 inches from the end of the sensor until I found good, solid uncorroded, untwisted, unbroken wire and soldered them back together..

I haven't seen an engine malfunction light or P0 code since amd that's been 2 years and 2 Mots.

Now, did I need to replace the front sensors ?

I really don't know but these error codes kept reappearing until I fixed the rear wiring issue once and for all.

I bought generic sensors from eBay for the front two O2 sensors at roughly £40 each that fitted as they should and have not given me any issues in 3 years.... you can buy the OE sensors for probably a fair bit more but these have done the job adequately.

I'd check the rear one and especially the wiring first before changing sensors.

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1