Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Odd smell you can't quite place.

fastbob72

I have been getting a smell from my car - no funny comments please lol - no, it's a hot smell, sort of burning smell.

Not burning oil or plastic or rubber, similar to a boiling coolant kind of smell but not that either.

It's not burning electrical wire, not burning bearings but definitely somethings getting overheated or smouldering.

When I destroyed my front bumper hitting a deer then stitched it back together I noticed my front wheelarch liners aren't securely fixed at the bumper end and intruding into. the arch perhaps rubbing off my tyres....... that's got to be it.

Except it wasn't (I wish I took a photo before throwing the culprit in the bin).

I was checking my oil about an hour ago..... it's a 1ZZ with 198,000 miles so keeping an eye on my oil is part and parcrel.

Anyway down between the head and the main coolant hose that exits the engine with all that lovely boiling antifreeze mix was the remains of a massive dessicated and charred dragonfly..... it had wings about 4 inches long and a big long body about the same. It's back was or had been a sort of purpley incandescent shade but was charred black where it was sandwiched right uo against the head itself.

Anyway, have ran back. and forward to the shop and wouldn't you know, mysterious smell has gone. Mind you, it made me get off my rear and sort the archliners which was what I was doing prior to checking the oil.

So if you get a weird hot, burning smell that you really cannot place perhaps it's actually cooking insect instead [emoji6][emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

• Haha 3