Do Not Sell My Personal Information

There is no option on my touch 2 go plus to make fingerprint usb

Maciej 40

Hi. We recently bought 2016 auris hybrid with touch 2 go plus. We couldn't get any phone audio thru the bluetooth (sorted now after I have done factory reset via hidden menu). I would like to update the software but there is no option to copy fingerprint to USB (general settings/system information). I'm stuck now can't update anything without it. Did anyone had similar problem? 

i assume you are using the toolbox software just follow the instructions to the letter

Note. The stick must be formatted in fat32, ideally less than 16gb
HOW-TO GUIDE: How to create a fingerprint of your device on a USB storage?

To be able to install navigation updates, you will need to create a "fingerprint" of your system on a USB storage.

1.Select the Setup button on your Toyota Touch&Go

2. Select the menu option General.

Toyota Touch&Go Toolbox installation

3. Scroll down and select System information.

4. Plug in a USB storage into your Toyota Touch&Go.

5. Select Copy to USB.

This will create your system's "fingerprint" on your USB storage.

6. Wait until the fingerprint creation is completed.

While the system is busy, the button will be grayed out. Do not remove the USB storage until the operation is complete.

7. Remove the USB storage.

After the Copy to USB process has been finished successfully, you may remove the USB storage and continue to use your Toyota Touch&Go Toolbox.

Yes I'm using toolbox software, but I can't make fingerprint USB in my car, there is no such option available in car system at least where should be (general settings/ system info) without that I can't get into toolbox software. I followed all steps. Used 6 different USB sticks 4GB -32GB no copy option in system information screen. Backuo favourites to USB and restore are on when I plug USB stick so I assume system can see the memory.

20200805_123024.jpg

20200805_123018.jpg

I take it, you have 'Go Plus' Sat nav, are you trying to do a map update or just a software update, looking at the software version you have the high level touch iirc it doesn't use toolbox you do it manually, login to my Toyota and make sure the touch 2 is registered you should see any updates there

I just want software update, with hope it clears some bugs. To be honest I'm not sure what system it is, it is 2016 auris excel hybrid ( we have been told it is touch2 go plus multimedia system with sat nav ). Previous owner was older lady, I'm guessing she never updated anything in there. Is this unit still on warranty? (1st registration was January 2017)

Looking at the software number it starts with a 6 so that makes it a MM16,

W- Western Europe maps

H - High Grade (Go Plus)

Any updates will be on my Toyota, the maps usually come with an update, if its never been touched it may have a free one waiting for you, do you know the part number its in one of the menus it should start with 86140-

The update is for the DA only the nav update is paid for an is currently 6.15.0H

When I registered on my toyota and added device I'd, it come out as touch 2 go ver1, there is no free updates and no software updates just maps ver. 6.15.(£129) and few ussles apps. I'm a bit disappointed can't get any mirror link software working (galaxy s8) with it, probably do to old software in the car unit, only managed to get my spotify working via bluetooth (factory settings reset from hidden menu) but is not working if I connect phone to car usb port. Any idea how I can get Google maps mirrored from phone to this useless unit? Which android app will help if any? Car drives lovely but multimedia/sat-nav total crap, design the way you got no choice and need to pay for everything and can't use free software like Google maps itp.

mirrorlink should work, it only works when tethered with usb tho, go into the settings - More - Mirrorlink on your phone and click connect to car over usb

Checked doesn't work too, it gives massage "couldn't download certificate ". Samsung mirror link 1.1 doesn't work with this system. I'm gona try my old HTC phone tomorrow it may have older version of mirror link app. If not I give up gone have to stick my old Garmin sat nav on the windscreen, definitely won't pay another £129 for 1 year map update and software which most probably won't fix anything. Similar problems are present with newer cars. I have searched whole google and there is no clear solution anywhere for any of my problems with my car system.