Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

warrenty whats not covered

taxi

the other morning i had smoke coming out of the bonnet, the bottom pully had come off the alternator one , aa said i was lucky , it`s now at the garage i use ,

nearest toyota garage is 60 odd mile away, they want to see the servive book and pictures , the last service was done by my garage , one before by toyoyta ,

it`s done 86,000 and due one in 750 miles , i have the kit,

Your service and warranty booklet will outline what is covered by the warranty.

In the event of a warranty claim and because the car has been serviced outside of the Toyota dealer network, Toyota will want to determine whether the car has been serviced correctly and according to schedule - either time or mileage based. They won't have any evidence of what work has been carried out by your garage. They may also require you to produce further evidence of what parts, etc were used for services.

The onus is on the owner to prove servicing has been carried out correctly, and this applies to any car manufacturer, not just Toyota. If they agree to a warranty claim, they will almost certainly require the work to be done by one of their dealers, as other garages won't be authorised for warranty work.

You wont be able to claim any non genuine parts used or labour from a non Toyota garage, the fact you are 60 miles away is immaterial. You will need a full service history for those 86K miles, if you have a full history, send it to your dealer, and if covered get the car sent there. If no history, then get it done and paid for locally 

Judging from your username you use it for hire or reward if it hasn't had its service done with oem parts or at a dealer you have no hope

and I think the garage you use has to be VAT registered as well.

when the car has been serviced it has always had oem parts from toyota and they are vat registered.

my last service at vantage toyota i had work done on the warranty, 2 services before had being done by my local garage

• Like 1

on 1 of my sevices the service parts were alot more than part from toyota online , the dealer never sent the receipt to the main office , and had to get a copy before they did the work, they were not happy with the dealership

update they are willing to do it , i just need to transport it to them 😀

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links