Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine light VSC and 4x4 check

B1bbo

Hi all I hope you guys can help me, I just brought a 2006 RAV4 T180. I was pulled away slow put it 2nd and put my foot down the changed in to 3rd real fast (like a boyroy) and it was like the traction control kick in, automatically engine light come on, check VSC and check 4x4 and it went in to limp mode. So I pulled swiche the car off put it back on and the engine light and check VSC and check 4x4 are still on but it’s not in limp mode anymore, the car drives like before now. Im going to my my local garage in the morning to plug it in to see if it clears it. Is the car ok to drive with the lights on? As I’m going to do 500 round trip on Monday is it ok to drive? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

-Those two warnings can come up spuriously.  I have had them twice, when the engine has kicked and failed to start.  I believe one of the oxygen sensors gives out-of-spec results under those conditions, and the resulting two spurious warnings are a design defect.

I just clear the codes and all is well.

Clean your EGR and be prepared to replace your DPF at some time in the future. I posted a solution where a suitable DPF is literally 10% of what Toyota are asking.