Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another Year, Another Service and Zero Issues

ihpj

Welp, it’s that time of year where the Aygo goes to our local Dealership for its annual service.

Just to recap, facelift 2009/09 Aygo Blue MMT with just under 65K from new.

In addition to the annual service I also decided to have some preventative maintenance undertaken - I was surprised just how reasonable genuine Toyota parts are and there was no cost labour charge from the garage too:

* replace front bleed nipples - figure those buggers will likely seize when I least need them too so for £6-odd each worth getting done with BFC.

* replace alternator belt (£12).

* figured the original factory fit headlight bulbs should be changed for the opti-bright things (£21 pair) as they’ll give out when it’s least convenient.

It benefited from Govt. MOT extension so I’ll get it done later in the year  otherwise it’s had x4 new ContiEco 6 tyres supplied and fitted by Toyota last year and I put genuine pads and discs on it myself about that time too. I’m just surprised it’s not needed any suspension work in its time with us and has otherwise been amazingly well engineered.

Toyota Warranty however was recently renewed for the next two years so I suspect hassle free motoring during this time - although it is due a MMT clutch/ assembly in about 18 months so...money well spent methinks 😂

Happy and safe motoring y’all 🤘

• Like 2

Nice one....and I hope that continues.

Just don't leave your MOT too late in the year and get caught up with the millions of others trying to do the same.

My extension is until November...but it's being done this month.

• Like 1

Nice one 👍

I get my services done at the Toyota dealer, so every 2 years the brake fluid gets changed. Maybe overkill, but it solves any problems with seized bleed nipples further down the line. Also, I got them to replace the spark plugs at around 40,000 miles. The old ones were in rude health, but same as bleed nipples, saves any seizure problems later on.

Yearly, I ACF-50 all the brake hose union joints. They are prone to surface rust, so a coating of the magic stuff keeps the rust at bay. Various rubber parts underneath are given a treat with silicone spray too.

Apart from that, good reliable cars and super cheap to run.

• Like 1

There will be a free for all later in the year with MOT tests, if you can, get it done sooner rather than later, demand for slots will be through the roof 

• Like 1

I also have a 2009 Blue with only 40k miles on it. Hasn't needed anything except oil and filter changes in the 4 years I've had it. I got the MOT done at the correct time in June with no issues. A great little car.🙂 

• Like 1

Very good advice about year end and MOT - something we all should be mindful of 🧐

If it hadn’t been for renewal of the Toyota Warranty, I think I would’ve bought a new one. I bought this brand new for my father in 2009 and I think it’s time for a new one again 🤘

Be safe y’all and enjoy this weekend 😁